Can sky tv debt collectors put default on credit report

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3047 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am in argument with SKY tv. I cancelled my subscription in August and they still sent me £57 invoices for some reason last week.

They said I have 14 days to pay otherwise it will be passed to dca.

My question is can that dca put a default on my credit report.

Can sky put a default on my credit report.

Should i just pay this £57 off and get it over and done with?

Thanks

A DCA cannot place a default marker on your CRF, that has to be done by the OC, SKY.

The fact that they are so willing to hand it over to a powerless DCA speaks volumes, what are they claiming the invoice is for?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

sky debts never show on credit files.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you both for the quick response.

I had a discussion with sky in August to discuss the cancellation of my subscription. I cancelled my subscription in August.. So I have been in an argument with them. For some reason after cancelling my account got a letter from sky stating i need to pay £57 for some reason....

Got a letter last week stating if I don't pay within 10 days my debt will be passed onto a dca.

I already launched a dispute and it's being investigated. Got an email from sky tv stating they have credited my account with £56 and will treat the account as closed until the dispute has been investigated.

I got very concerned as I thought if they pass this to dca they will put a default on my credit report

Just a quick update here. Sky said they have reinstated the £56 charge. And that i need to pay it as soon as possible as it will go to a DCA again.

Sorry i am abit paranoid, if this goes to a DCA is it 100% that they won't touch my credit file?

Sorry for querying again. Thanks

A dca cannot touch your file unless the op adds a default. Sky doesn't do that. No dca has any authority to.do anything while acting on behalf of a creditor.

Dcas have no rights at all unless they own the debt, and even then they're limited and can.be challenged

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

You need to give 28 or 30 days notice to cancel (can't recall off the top of my head), so is it possible that the charge is for a final 30 days of subscription costs for the August-September period? ie - Your notice period?

Were you outside of your minimum contract period when you cancelled?

Did you just call them up to cancel, then immediately cancel your Direct Debit which wouldn't let them collect the final subscription payment for the notice period?

What if they sell my debts to a DCAlink3.gif then they will put a default on my credit file?

how many more times ...NO THEY CANT.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi thanks for the response.

Yes i did give them notice. They still tried to take out £57 from my account. Then immediately I cancelled the direct debit.

What if they sell my debts to a dca then they will put a default on my credit file?

So you made a final payment 30 days after giving notice, and then cancelled the Direct Debit? Or did you phone them, say "I cancel" and then immediately go to cancel the direct debit? If the latter, then it would mean they couldn't take payment for your final 30 days of subscription during the notice period.