CCJ - Credit Cards & Overdraft - Cabot

fkofilee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guys

I hate that site that shall not be named. Once again advice being given even after receiving a CCJ about Deed Of Assignments Blah, Blah, Blah.

Hello,

I wish I found this site sooner but I think maybe its too late to do anything now.

I will keep it brief in the hope someone can offer some advice.

I have debts of around £20,000 from 2 credit cards and a bank overdraft which I defaulted on them at the same time in 2013,

one of these debts has been handed to Cabot and has been to court ( I buried my head in the sand, foolish I know).

The outcome was a suspended attachment of earning order of £50 a month,

first payment 15th of this month and I can not find out how or who I pay it to.

Mortimer Clarke Solicitors is on some of the paperwork.

My main concern is the letters for the other debts are coming thick and fast and I have no means of being to pay them all at this rate,

I can not afford the one monthly payment of £50 as it is.

I am a single parent with 2 children and have just graduated from uni,

I have been advised that bankruptcy would be the better option as I do not own anything.

However I am concerned that I will lose my job and registration,

I am a healthcare professional and registered with a governing body.

Sorry if I have missed vital information out but my heads a mess and can not think straight.

Please is anyone able to advise me

However, Id like to assist them, so could you advise accordingly? It would probably help this poor soul out...

Thanks for spacing it out Site Team :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

TBH if they want assistance, then I'd advise them to get off that site ASAP and move over here.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Why not?

Alright not in those words, maybe, but you can't really put it any other way.

I'd certainly not recommend advice from GOODF but there are other long established consumer advice forums where they have a proven track record of dealing with consumer debt, instead of using untried, unqualified and quite frankly dangerous advice and tactics such as those you're going to get off here.

Or, just have you looked at CAG and asked for advice off their?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

TBH if they want assistance, then I'd advise them to get off that site ASAP and move over here.

Hi,

I am getting more confused by the minute, I am unsure as to what I need to here. Should I re post my initial thread?

Thanks in advance

No no its fine :)

Welcome back to CAG. I have posted it above but if you could please give us some more information, it would be appreciated.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

So we are passed the CCJ stage and they have gone for a payment order?

When was the CCJ granted & when did you receive the claim form?

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

The judgement was in default as I did not reply this is dated 6 July, the suspended attachment of earnings was 15th September following me filling out a expenditure form. The order is for me to pay £50 a month the first payment is due in 3 days.

Thank you... I see Sabresheep is here... Let us have a a look and advise...

We will help.. Just stay away from that site... It'll Get you into trouble...

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Just to add, at the weekend, the site is skeleton staff do may be a while. As for paying this the payment will probably be Cabot as they now own marlins etc...

But We will help I promise...

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi responding to reported thread.

I would advise you make that payment to Mortimer Clarke Solicitors on time...you state that there is a suspended Attachment of Earnings....could you expand on this and can you confirm if you have made application to vary the payment rate using form N245?

Regards

Andy

Thread moved to Financial Legal Issues

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi thanks for your reply

I filled in a form as advised by CAB this included my income and outgoings and I stated that I was concerned if an attachment of earnings was put in place I would lose my job. I will check when I get home what form it was exactly. The suspension of this attachment was on condition that I pay £50 a month, I do not have this I am already struggling financially. Sorry I am way out of my depth with all this

If you could check.......N245 this is an option to reduce the monthly payment amount in line with your I&E...there is a fee of £50 unless you qualify for exemption.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

I have just checked and it was the N245 form I sent off to suspend the attachment of earnings order, this debt is for £9,212.48 . The major issue right now is I do not have the £50 to pay the order set, I have £2.79 in my bank payday is another 2 weeks away I am already struggling financially.

I don't know what I can do to be honest, is it worth me ringing the court?

I would be ringing the Solicitor...not the court and just explain that payment will be late.