style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Apologies if this belongs somewhere else, I wasnt sure where to post it.

Premium Credit, one of those companies who provide credit for insurance policies, where you pay in installments.

I had a policy last year for a classic car, paid in installments via the above company, from Aug 14 to May 15 (10 installments).

The policy auto renewed in August, and so has the agreement with Premium Credit.

I cancelled the policy with the broker as I found a much better deal elsewhere, renewal was £20 more than last year, £185.70, and I managed to find cover for half that amount.

There seems to have been an issue with the broker, and the policy didnt get cancelled when I requested, I cancelled by phone, but has now been cancelled by the broker for some other reason, I am in the process of dealing with that aspect.

Today I had a letter from Premium Credit, demanding payment of the total amount of £185.70, which got me to thinking.

Is this a credit agreement?

Can it be carried on from last years details, even though last year was paid in full by the end of the instalents

, given that the amount of 'credit' has changed, and that I havent signed any agreement for this year. I dont actually remember signing anything for last year.

I'll be contacting them tomorrow anyway to inform them I had cancelled the policy via the broker, and as such will only pay for the 14 days my car was on cover with the insurer, not the full years premium when I wont be using it.

I just wondered how I stood with them, considering they have sent me a default notice,

Thanks

Yes its a CCA

But as you didn't renew but cancelled

Then it should not be still running

If they took money get it back by the DD guarantee with your bank

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Apologies if this belongs somewhere else, I wasnt sure where to post it.

Premium Credit, one of those companies who provide credit for insurance policies, where you pay in installments.

I had a policy last year for a classic car, paid in installments via the above company, from Aug 14 to May 15 (10 installments).

The policy auto renewed in August, and so has the agreement with Premium Credit.

I cancelled the policy with the broker as I found a much better deal elsewhere, renewal was £20 more than last year, £185.70, and I managed to find cover for half that amount.

There seems to have been an issue with the broker, and the policy didnt get cancelled when I requested, I cancelled by phone, but has now been cancelled by the broker for some other reason, I am in the process of dealing with that aspect.

Today I had a letter from Premium Credit, demanding payment of the total amount of £185.70, which got me to thinking.

Is this a credit agreement?

Can it be carried on from last years details, even though last year was paid in full by the end of the instalents

, given that the amount of 'credit' has changed, and that I havent signed any agreement for this year. I dont actually remember signing anything for last year.

I'll be contacting them tomorrow anyway to inform them I had cancelled the policy via the broker, and as such will only pay for the 14 days my car was on cover with the insurer, not the full years premium when I wont be using it.

I just wondered how I stood with them, considering they have sent me a default notice,

Thanks

Insurers or brokers outsource the collection of premium payments. The brokers will have passed on the auto renewal amount to premium credit, but then not informed them of the policy cancellation or it has taken awhile for this to be noted.

Sounds like you were late in informing of the cancellation i.e 14 days after renewal. Therefore the brokers will charge for time on risk, plus cancellation fees.

You need to resolve the cancellation with the brokers and make a complaint about not being informed of being entered into a credit arrangement with premium credit. Premium credit may inform the credit reference agencies, if the default is not resolved. So you need to be careful to make sure this does not happen.

The brokers are responsible for making sure you have the information needed and if they have failed in this, then make sure you register a complaint. Use it as leverage to see if you can get cancellation fees waived.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread