Silly situation with Lloyds

Dispater
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Not sure if anyone can advise me with this, but I'd be grateful if you could.

Trying to cut a long story short,

my ex wife and I were divorced around 6 years ago.

We had a joint account at Lloyds which I never bothered getting her name taken off ( my mistake, I know).

Over the years nothing has gone on with the account other than a small pension payment (to me) that went in monthly.

My ex and I have both long since remarried.

Recently, I was given a terminal diagnosis for cancer.

One of my company pension schemes agreed to pay out a lump sum of £17000.

Because my new account is with a small building society, the quickest and easiest way to process the payment was through the semi-dormant Lloyds account,

so I had the money paid into there.

I then decided to go to the local branch and ask them if they could open a single account in my name and transfer the money.

They sorted everything out,

at the last minute the manager walked in and told me she had frozen the account as I had now informed them it was 'in dispute'.

They said they would send a letter to my ex ( her address of the last 6 years wasn't on their records as she hasn't had access to the account so I had to provide it).

She is refusing to sign her permission to close the account - she doesn't know I have money in it.

Where do I go from here?

We're Lloyds legally able to freeze the account without either of us asking?

I don't have long left and need the money to get me through and arrange will, funeral, various aids etc.

P.s in the divorce settlement, the judge specifically stated that my ex was not entitled to any of my pensions.

As this pension was paid out due to terminal illness surely they can't keep it from me?

Grateful for any advice, especially if Lloyds have overstepped their authority.

Edited by Dispater

Well yes, Lloyd's can do as they see fit, even to the customers detriment. Quite honestly their decisions are sometimes outrageous.

Email;

I think a bit of sympathy on their side wouldnt go amiss... Explain in full why you did it.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis