Employment Tribunal Advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been sacked for gross misconduct and am taking my former employer to an employment tribunal for unfair dismissal.

I have recently been sent a "Further Grounds of Resistance" but I have never received an original "Grounds of Resistance" document. Should I have received a copy of this document?

I have a preliminary hearing coming up very soon, but I'm not sure how to prepare. Do I need to know the "grounds of resistance"?

Thanks for replies.

Got their ET3 finally, but I feel I should have got it a long time ago when it was first filed.

What are the rules on calling witnesses? How can I persuade former colleagues to act as witnesses against their employer?

What are the rules on calling witnesses? How can I persuade former colleagues to act as witnesses against their employer?

Hello there. Someone else will know about rules on calling witnesses.

I have seen on previous threads here that employees are reluctant to act as witnesses when their livelihood is at stake. Are there any ex-employees you could call on?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

The chance of you getting a current employee to speak against their employer will be nothing more than suicide

Forget that notion

It is not going to happen

Why so absolute? Witness order...

http://www.commercialblawg.com/employment-law-2/witness-orders-in-the-employment-tribunal-what-are-they/

It's difficult to persuade employees to turn on their employers, but a witness order is possible.

However, my view is that these are very rarely beneficial. You won't have the benefit of knowing what the witnesses will say and it could detrimentally affect your case.

Mention the issue at the preliminary hearing. There's a good chance their evidence won't be relevant anyway and the judge will direct you on that at the first hearing.

• Haha 1