style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2925 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I've had problems with Vodaphone since starting contract with them, over 20 months, for this reason I left. But before doing this I rang them weekly thought out to try and sort the issue, but still they stay.

Issues being I wasn't receiving phone calls even when the person was stood next to me and I had full signal, I wasn't receiving text even when the text was sent from upstairs whilst I was down stairs at the billing address (not the only occasion, may texts were missed).

When I sent texts the recipient would receive the text over 100 times this happened on a regular basis. Towards the end before I cancelled direct debit I was informed on three occasions that a manager would be in contact, this never happened. on calling the company for the last time I was informed but an employee ( Steven) that I should send a Dead Lock request and sent email to given address 4 times over 3 months, no response.

I have received letters stating account would be sent to debt collectors if I didn't contact them within 14 days and that I would be given bad credit , I've called and called put been placed on hold on each time and no one picks up, how am I supposed to sort it out if no one contacts or picks up the phone. I then phoned the debt collectors direct, they said they would get vodaphone to contact me, nothing.

I again phoned the company again and they stated the debt has gone back to vodaphone. I have now received another letter from vodaphone dated 20-09-15 (received 5-10-15) bill increased to £200 from original £94. Again I have phoned ( my number not being recognised) the company on 4 occasions to sort it out but after being on hold for 30 minutes on each occasion again no one answered the phone, costing me again for phone calls. I have gone into my local store, they can not help as it has gone to debt.

Vodaphone were contracted by me to provide a phone service which they didn't, If I worked as insignificantly as vodaphone I would of not even made probation, I employed vodaphone to provide a service this they failed to do so now I'm being charged and at risk of bad credit to my name, I have tried everything to sort it, the number in question is {edited out}

Hi and welcome to CAG

I have taken the liberty of removing the number just in case it is still active. You don't want all and sundry ringing you do you!

Your mistake was in trusting VF to get things right. Wrong. The words p*ss up and brewery come to mind.

Let's see if Lee can help. Please follow this link

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-APRIL-2015-**&p=2343766&viewfull=1#post2343766

You will get an auto reply with a reference number. Post that here and it will be added to your thread title.

In the meantime, I will add a twitter link and see if that elicits a sensible response.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Oh yes, Vodafone do not have their own debt collections department so they farm these out to external debt collectors who will act on behalf of VF. This does not negate VFs responsibility to deal with you.

You have tried to be reasonable and get the problems sorted but VF have let you down so no matter what happens, a formal complaint is a must.

Also, check your credit file. if it was clean, it isn't now. This is due to VF not being able to understand when an account is being disputed,

As for the extra amounts, VF will add an admin fee to any amount before sending to a DCA. There may also be an early termination fee in there too.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Thankfully I have had communication from vodaphone to say that they are cancelling the debt, also I was informed that my credit rating alarm would be removed but unfortunately this has yet to happen. Can you advise me to how long this will take please.

Regards

Gill

So it has taken two months to get this far

Don't expect anything to happen in a hurry

To get any negitave credit markers removed and compensation court may be the best route

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Vodafone have access to the fast track correction route where a default or late payment markers can be removed in 24/48 hours. Usually it can take a month (or longer) to correct the entries.

At the moment, I don't see court being an option.

Due to the very poor behaviour from VF, I would at least be expecting a 'gesture' from them. You tried to resolve, they failed. Your time costs.

• 4 months later...

Hi, its been a while now but i still have bad credit against my name, I need it sorted asap so i can move forward with my life I need to sort out a morgage but cant, please help me get my name clean.

If your referring to the bad credit markers and you have it in writing that they agreed to remove it, send an LBA and follow it with a claim for compensation and removal via the courts

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

how can emails just vanish, this is so annoying, voafone are being a pain in the rear, the guy Lee who sent the correspondance as been suspended!

Unfortunately, CAG has had issues with Vodafone (at the moment) and as such, we now recommend you not talk to them but to deal in writing only.

Either address them to their head office or send emails to the bosses. If you need help with email addresses, just ask.

With your credit file, you can add a notice of correction of up to 200 words to explain to potential lenders what the issue is.

Yet another story appears in the Daily Mail about VF so nothing hew there then. Still crap

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/news/article-3567086/Stop-solving-problems-just-make-customer-happy-complaints-against-Vodafone-soar-whistleblower-claims-obsessed-satisfaction-ratings.html