Medical Disclosure

LordSnooty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A few years ago I was diagnosed with a medical condition. Unfortunately, due to many other serious family things I had on my mind at that time, I omitted to inform the DVLA.

I fully realise that I should have advised them and intend to do so now.

Since the original diagnosis it has never been suggested by the consultant that my ability to drive was adversely affected by the condition although I realise that it was my responsibility to enquire and disclose.

In informing the DVLA does anyone know how they will react?

A few years ago I was diagnosed with a medical condition. Unfortunately, due to many other serious family things I had on my mind at that time, I omitted to inform the DVLA.

I fully realise that I should have advised them and intend to do so now.

Since the original diagnosis it has never been suggested by the consultant that my ability to drive was adversely affected by the condition although I realise that it was my responsibility to enquire and disclose.

In informing the DVLA does anyone know how they will react?

Depends. What is the condition?

Apparently I have to have 30 posts before I can pm Glaucoma

Glaucoma doesn't feature in the guidelines / Medical standards as an individual diagnosis (so don't expect to find it under "G" in their A-Z).

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/457961/aagv1.pdf

Instead you will find it under "VISUAL DISORDERS", and then under

"VISAUL FIELD DEFECTS" (sic) [one wonders who proofread that document, and if they were being ironic]

"Disorders such as bilateral glaucoma, ... and other disorders producing field defect(s) "

For a Group 1 entitlement (so car, not HGV / PCV):

Most glaucoma is bilateral. If you only have one affected eye, make sure you can demonstrate your good eye meets the required standard and you should be fine.

If your glaucoma is the more usual bilateral (affecting both eyes), you'll need to show them you meet their standards relating to visual fields, which are in an appendix at "FIELD OF VISION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE HOLDING OF A GROUP 1 LICENCE ENTITLEMENT"

If you can't do this (sending in the evidence with your notification), expect them to revoke your license forthwith "pending medical enquiries"

To let you know you really shouldn't PM members for advice unless they are orange (site team) due to the fact it makes it harder trying to guess what has been said. Try to keep questions in the main forum...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.