G24 - continued threats 5 mnths on - do I stand firm?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Question?

Am unclear how threads work (bit of a techy thicky so sorry if this isn't the right way)...

Got a pcn from G24 who took pics of car blah blah

- looked at Forum and saw a response about sending a letter stating they have no legal standing and not to acknowlege being registered keeper etc

- used the letter advised and got a long winded letter in response which I didn;t understand, but poo pooing POPLA?

three debt recovery letters threatening which igrnored

- now have one with notice of intended court action unless I pay up immediately.....am I standing firm and ignoring?

When was the offence and was it a windscreen ticket or a camera capture?

And have you had the NTK letter?

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi = it was photo, not ticket.

What does NTK stand for?.

..I don't have scan facility....

...letter says...

Notice of intended court action - unpaid parking £160.00.

To prevent this case being recommended to the creditor to commence court proceedings, you must pay the full amount by 5/10/15.

Then a para on how to pay..

..Then what if you don't pay

....saying if you are liable for this charge and do not pay the full amount by 5/10/15

or if you have not greed a payment option, we will pass your file to the creditor

with a recommendation to commence court action against you.

If they are successful a court judgement against you could seriously affect your ability to obtain credit in the future.

Please note if the case goes to coutr and you are ordered to pay,

the creditor may seek to recover additional amounts which may include court and solicitor fees.....

oh ok - I think the first letter back in April asked if I was the registered keeper

and I replied the using a Forum letter format of..

....I challenge this 'PCN' , as keeper of the car, on the following grounds:

a). The sum does not represent a genuine pre-estimate of loss, nor is it a coreprice term.

It is totally extravagant and unconscionable when compared to localparking charges issued by the Council so cannot be justified.

b). As keeper I believe that the signs were not seen, the wording ambiguous and the predominant purpose of your business model is to deter.

c). There is no evidence that you have any proprietary interest in the land.

d). Your 'Notice' fails to comply with the POFA 2012 and breaches variousconsumer contract/unfair terms Regulations.

e). There was no consideration nor acceptance flowing from both parties and any contract with myself or the driver, is denied.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn.

As such, you must either rely on the POFA 2012 or cancel the charge.

Is uggest you uphold this challenge now or alternatively, send a rejection letter blah blah..

.I had a long letter in response which I binned. I didn't hear anything for about 2 months until recently..

oh ok - I think the first letter back in April asked if I was the registered keeper

and I replied the using a Forum letter format of..

....I challenge this 'PCN' , as keeper of the car, on the following grounds:

a). The sum does not represent a genuine pre-estimate of loss, nor is it a coreprice term.

It is totally extravagant and unconscionable when compared to localparking charges issued by the Council so cannot be justified.

b). As keeper I believe that the signs were not seen, the wording ambiguous and the predominant purpose of your business model is to deter.

c). There is no evidence that you have any proprietary interest in the land.

d). Your 'Notice' fails to comply with the POFA 2012 and breaches variousconsumer contract/unfair terms Regulations.

e). There was no consideration nor acceptance flowing from both parties and any contract with myself or the driver, is denied.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn.

As such, you must either rely on the POFA 2012 or cancel the charge.

Is uggest you uphold this challenge now or alternatively, send a rejection letter blah blah..

.I had a long letter in response which I binned. I didn't hear anything for about 2 months until recently..

You had 21 days from the rejection letter to appeal to the kangaroo IAS.

You obviously didn't do this, you would have lost anyway, and only put back the situation you are in now by a few weeks...

G24 do not currently do court, so in answer to the thread title, stand firm and do not respond to debt collectors who have no power.

Do not ignore a lba though. Update with what ' solicitors ' letter you get next.

You should never throw away correspondence from a company/person who is demanding money off you.

notice of intended court action is still just wind and water, if they had any balls they would say Letter Before Action and mention the Civil Procedures Regs. You dont say who the letter is from but I bet it is another dca and not the parking co

Also note that they have added a few quid to the original amount claimed, have you asked yourself why this is? It is because they think if you are scared by such letters you will be mug enough to pay whatever they ask. No other reason, you havent signed a credit agreement with them.

Forget this threat and come back if you get a real LBA or solicitors letter and we will advise on what to do then.