• Tweets

• I have now been given a court date vs Evri, 4th Sept 2024. I have completed my court bundle, when am I expected to send copies to the court and Evri and should it be in hard copy or electronic? The Notice of Allocation states that no later than 7 days before the directions hearing both parties must send to the other party their final offers to settle. Does this mean I will have to tell Evri what I'm willing to settle? Rgds, J
    • Ok how about this to the CEO? I know it sounds super desperate but lets call a spade a spade here, I am super desperate: Dear Sir, On 29th November 2023 I took out a loan of £5000 with you. Unfortunately very early into 2024 I found myself in financial difficulty (unexpected bills and two episodes of sickness and the tax office getting my tax code wrong resulting in less pay for two months) and I contacted you (MCB) on 13th February 2024 asking if there was any way I could extend the length of my loan to 36 months. I fully explained why I was requesting this and asked for your help. I did not receive a reply to that email so I again contacted you on 7th March 2024 to advise you of a change in my circumstances which resulted in me having to take out a DMP and asking you to confirm that the direct debit had been cancelled. You would have also received confirmation of this DMP from StepChange but you did not acknowledge receipt of my email. I have only managed to make one payment from my loan but did try and contact MCB to discuss extending my loan, help etc.  I have now therefore fallen behind on several of my debts, yours included, and as a result you have lodged a Cifas marker against my name for "evasion of payment", which has resulted in me having to change banks, which has been an extremely difficult process because of the Cifas marker. I do not feel you have been fair or given me the opportunity to fully explain my situation to you before you lodged the marker against my name. I appreciate it is a business and you have acted accordingly, but I did try to make contact to arrange alternative arrangements and at no point, not even to this day, did I ever intend to not repay my loan. I cannot stress to you enough how much this has affected my mental health. I am having trouble sleeping and my existing health condition has been exacerbated by all of this. What I would like you to do is to please, please remove the Cifas marker and let me make arrangements to pay the loan back through a DMP.  Please sir, I am begging for your help here. I am not a dishonest person and I have never been in a situation like this before. I am desperately trying to make things right but this marker is killing me. Please can you help me? I look forward to hearing from you. Yours faithfully,
    • Just be careful with your language on what you post here - Keep it above board Lets see what you send to the big boss. 
    • I made that payment on 13th Feb, then it all went down hill. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Caro v Yorkshire Bank for PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They are just stalling, Caro. Until you have produced ID, they wont start dealing with your SAR !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are just stalling, Caro. Until you have produced ID, they wont start dealing with your SAR !

I know. I'll go in tomorrow. What they fail to realise is that the more they mess me about the harder I'll fight. :madgrin:

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I know. I'll go in tomorrow. What they fail to realise is that the more they mess me about the harder I'll fight. :madgrin:

:lol:

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

We had this : they asked us to go into the branch with ID. I called them to ask why and they said that if there was any redress they needed proof of ID and address to make sure we are who we say we are. We did this and then a while later we got theor offer of redress which was much higher than we expected : fingers crossed x

We had this : they asked us to go into the branch with ID. I called them to ask why and they said that if there was any redress they needed proof of ID and address to make sure we are who we say we are. We did this and then a while later we got theor offer of redress which was much higher than we expected : fingers crossed x

Be nice to think so but as it's a response to my sar I somehow doubt it. The longer it takes the more the interest will be. ;)

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

it's progress though : they are very helpful on the phone when you speak to them

I did phone to ask for the info on where they got the figures from, and the girl I spoke to tried her best and was lovely. I felt quite sorry for her because I was being quite persistent and she kept putting me on hold to try, and had to keep coming back to say they didn't have that info which sounded ridiculous. Must admit I shouldn't have phoned.

I'm going to re-read your thread to refresh my memory on how you got yours back cleo.

Did they just offer you your payments and 8% interest to begin with?

here is the breakdown copied from my thread :Here you go: (rounded to nearest)

Estimated PPIlink3.gif £1125, Actual paid £4231, charges incurred £1230, Associated interest applied to balance £13000, 8% simple interest £11985. Minus 20% tax £2400. total was £29k. I sent the spreadsheet for the six years I had the statements for plus contractual interest (I worked out an average using the statements I had : all this with the help of the site and dx100uk) then added 8% interest using another spreadsheet from this site . For that six year period it came to approx £9k ish . But the card was much older so YB used an estimate by looking at spending patterns and assuming credit limit increase each year. So I reckon the figures I sent in for that 6 year period can't have been too far out.

I did phone to ask for the info on where they got the figures from, and the girl I spoke to tried her best and was lovely. I felt quite sorry for her because I was being quite persistent and she kept putting me on hold to try, and had to keep coming back to say they didn't have that info which sounded ridiculous. Must admit I shouldn't have phoned.

I'm going to re-read your thread to refresh my memory on how you got yours back cleo.

Did they just offer you your payments and 8% interest to begin with?

Edited by cleo4patra
ommision

yep : nearly never claimed!! Only had info for six years but reckoned that was better than nothing -- nearly passed out when we got the offer.

excellent. that must be a record, or near enough. wonder what the most payout amount has been?

IMS21 got +£35k

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Wasn't there a PPI payout from MBNA of £60,000 !

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?354001-Mbna-awaiting-offer-letter-%A364-000-WIN

Edited by citizenB

BCOBS

Ford, my apologies.. wrong link :( I have swapped it for the correct one now :)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?354001-Mbna-awaiting-offer-letter-%A364-000-WIN

BCOBS

Yes, and CAG got a mention as well :) Did you notice the woman from the Yorkshire bank who hauled in a whopping £142,000 ?

BCOBS

yes, for 2 policies. what is the record payout, cag or otherwise?

From my knowledge, I would say that £142,000.00, would be the record - however, the £64,000 for a payout where we have helped.

BCOBS

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Cleo. I phoned to check that the department that deals with SARs got my ID from the branch, which they had, and was told they had until 8th March (which is about right). The lady I spoke to said it was likely to be last minute as they're so busy.

It's the 8th tomorrow so let's see what the postie brings, :-/

It's the 8th tomorrow so let's see what the postie brings, :-/

You'd better be in as it'll no fit through the letterbox :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert