The Community Network - Mis-sold product by dodgy sales rep

mojo3939
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3176 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

I am yet another person with problems with The Community Network TV.

I had an appointment with a Sales Rep of the company who sold me a package which, it turns out, was mostly a complete fabrication. Here is what was offered:

Two 42" screens in a GP practice, which were to be used to flash the name of the next patient to call them into their appointment.

Full screen display of adverts, which would freeze when a patient's name popped up.

I signed a contract on the basis of those promises, however, I became a bit suspicious about the company, when they did not get a reply from the sales rep for a week about an admin error on my paperwork. I popped along to the GP's practice to find that there were not two screens but one, which is 32" not 42", but to make matters worse, the screen was not being used to call patients into their appointment but to advertise the medical services the surgery offered. The receptionist confirmed that the screens will never be used for the purpose stated by the Sales Rep. The screen itself is in a dim corner of the waiting area with no one looking at it.

I wrote to the Sales Manager with a full description of what their Sales Rep had offered and asked for a full refund of the 6 months paid on my credit card and the first month's direct debit, as the product had been mis-sold. My advertisement has not gone live. The Sales Manager basically stated that it's my word against the Sale Rep and that the contract I signed did not state exactly what service I would be getting!! I am staggered by their refusal to refund the money when they have not provided a service (he stated that they had done some work, as they had created the graphics, but I pointed out that I had created the advert, all his department did was make the image move on my request). My case has now been referred to the Sales Director, who has not got back to me.

I have looked online and found that the Office of Fair Trading no longer exists and that I have to go the Citizens Advice Bureau. Does anyone have any tips from their dealings with this extremely dodgy operation?

Cheers

Hi and welcome to CAG

As this is NOT a consumer related issue, your rights have been seriously diminished. Business to Business contracts are very hard to get out of. Unless the terms on which you agreed to the deal are in writing then it seems you are likely to be stuck with them.

You would have to read the terms and conditions fully to understand what you have signed up for as it seems (by what I have read on the web) that what they say is not what they do.

You may need to get a solicitor who has the relevent experience in B2B contracts to read the contract and see if there is a get out.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE