Three Mobile trying to charge me after I cancelled

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3226 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out a SIM only phone deal with Three on 29th June.

I cancelled this with them on 1st July.

I sent them a clear email of which I have record, and they acknowledged receipt of it.

I spoke to them now and they are telling me that "due to data protection" they could not cancel my account

based on my written request, and since they were subsequently unable to complete the cancellation by phone

, they have kept the account open and continued to charge me.

They have cancelled the account now, but say I have to pay the line rental for the intervening 2 months.

They did try to call me a few times but I can rarely answer the phone as I'm extremely busy;

I was on the line with them once for about 20 mins and had to give up as I had other calls waiting.

Should they not have accepted my written cancellation? Do I really have to pay this bill, for 2 months of a contract I didn't used and cancelled in wrting?

I took out a SIM only phone deal with Three on 29th June.

I cancelled this with them on 1st July.

I sent them a clear email of which I have record, and they acknowledged receipt of it.

I spoke to them now and they are telling me that "due to data protection" they could not cancel my account

based on my written request, and since they were subsequently unable to complete the cancellation by phone

, they have kept the account open and continued to charge me.

They have cancelled the account now, but say I have to pay the line rental for the intervening 2 months.

They did try to call me a few times but I can rarely answer the phone as I'm extremely busy;

I was on the line with them once for about 20 mins and had to give up as I had other calls waiting.

Should they not have accepted my written cancellation? Do I really have to pay this bill, for 2 months of a contract I didn't used and cancelled in wrting?

Yes written cancellation instruction should have been accepted, as long as it contained your information and was signed. It may not be a cancellation method detailed in the terms and conditions, but that does not give them right to ignore it.

Suggest a letter to their head office saying that you will take the matter further with the ombudsman if they don't cancel per your original written cancellation instruction which they received.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread