Amazon - 12 month guarantee

cowboyontherun
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3236 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong thread.

I purchased a CCTV system from Amazon on June 10th 2014.

In May of this year, it developed a fault. It would only stay online for 2 or so minutes. I have a 2nd device exactly the same which is fine.

At the start of June 2015 i went onto Amazons website and clicked on the return item box.

The page would then load, with instructions to print off a label. However this 'label' bit was blank. I thought this might be down to viewing the page on my tablet. However i could see a box stating please ensure the item is returned by July 10th.

Middle of June i had to go away to Sunderland for my mums funeral, and wasnt in a state to do much. Ended up in hospital with slashed wrists. And several GP visits.

Trying to get on top of life again, tried again to print off the label. I couldnt. Opened a chat with Amazon. They said very sorry you couldnt print out the label, but the item is out of guarantee now. I asked for a response from a manager.

Today i got a response again stating the item is now out of guarantee, ignoring the fact that i clicked on the return item box at the start of June. They are prepared to offer a 'goodwill gesture' of £73. The item cost £150.

I have quoted the sales of goods act, plus the EU directive 1999/44/EC about 2 year warranties. I have sent them copies of my email box which showed alerts as the camera kept going offline in May, before the guarantee ran out.

I spend several thousands a year on Amazon and can only remember returning one item in 5 or so years.

My question really is, say for example a product failed the day the guarantee ran out, is there something like a 2 week period in which to notify the company or 28 days etc. If so, i can quote that. They dont seem to accept that i clicked on the return button early June, even though i can go into that right now and see the instructions to print off the label.

Really just after any advice.

i feel i can prove my case should i have to go to the small claims court. I have recorded my PC and what happens when i click on the return item box. I can show proof the item stopped working before the guarantee ran out. And if needed i can show photos from my mums funeral and hospital letters re my admission due to my following breakdown.

Im a bit staggered to be honest at Amazons response, but dont relish the prospect of going to the small claims court..

Thank you for reading my waffle, sorry ive gone on a bit..

12 months guarantee is minimum entitlement. If you can evidence the fault and it should have lasted longer, then you have a valid claim. Suggest that you write back to Amazon a ' letter before action' stating your intention to issue a small court claim against them, unless it can be resolved. Then describe the fault with the product and what you want them to do. Under SOGA, they can offer you a repair or replacement. They don't have to refund, unless repair or replacement are not options.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread