• Tweets

• Ok thanks for that, well spotted and all duly noted. Yes they did eventually submit those docs to me after a second letter advising them I was contacting the ICO to make a formal complaint for failing to comply with an earlier SAR that they brushed off as an "administrative error" or something. When I sent the letter telling them I was in contact with the information commissioner to lodge the complaint, the original PCN etc quickly followed along with their excuse!
    • its not about the migrants .. Barrister Helena Kennedy warns that the Conservatives will use their victory over Rwanda to dismantle the law that protects our human rights here in the UK.   Angela Rayner made fun of Rishi Sunak’s height in a fiery exchange at Prime Minister’s Questions, which prompted Joe Murphy to ask: just how low will Labour go? .. well .. not as low as sunak 
    • From #38 where you wrote the following, all in the 3rd person so we don't know which party is you. When you sy it was your family home, was that before or after? " A FH split to create 2 Leasehold adjoining houses (terrace) FH remains under original ownership and 1 Leasehold house sold on 100y+ lease. . Freeholder resides in the other Leasehold house. The property was originally resided in as one house by Freeholder"
    • The property was our family home.  A fixed low rate btl/ development loan was given (last century!). It was derelict. Did it up/ was rented out for a while.  Then moved in/out over the years (mostly around school)  It was a mix of rental and family home. The ad-hoc rents covered the loan amply.  Nowadays  banks don't allow such a mix.  (I have written this before.) Problems started when the lease was extended and needed to re-mortgage to cover the expense.  Wanted another btl.  Got a tenant in situ. Was located elsewhere (work). A broker found a btl lender, they reneged.  Broker didn't find another btl loan.  The tenant was paying enough to cover the proposed annual btl mortgage in 4 months. The broker gave up trying to find another.  I ended up on a bridge and this disastrous path.  (I have raised previous issues about the broker) Not sure what you mean by 'split'.  The property was always leasehold with a separate freeholder  The freeholder eventually sold the fh to another entity by private agreement (the trust) but it's always been separate.  That's quite normal.  One can't merge titles - unless lease runs out/ is forfeited and new one is not created/ granted. The bridge lender had a special condition in loan offer - their own lawyer had to check title first.  Check that lease wasn't onerous and there was nothing that would affect good saleability.  The lawyer (that got sacked for dishonesty) signed off the loan on the basis the lease and title was good and clean.  The same law firm then tried to complain the lease clauses were onerous and the lease too short, even though the loan was to cover a 90y lease extension!! 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Barclaycard reclaiming penalties and Compound Int't **WON** (probably)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2623 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Mum,

You did the LBA quite recently so I suggest you crack on with the Claim regardless of the fact that you're not Filing 14 days after the LBA.

If you have another that you need help with, pop a link to it here and we can take a look.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that info

I am starting to work on the Barc POC now. Things keep distracting me !! :-(

I'm having results with hsbc card claim :-) They have made a first offer!!

But with regards to Creation - they have ignored every recorded delivery letter since the summer and instead continue defaults and threatening letters.

If anyone has history of a successful claim against Creation it would be great to have some feedback - I'm working on the POC now and the link is here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?448762-HP-Mum-v-Creation-(Store-Card)-reclaim-late-fees-HELP/page2

Thanks

Hi Mum,

Keep the POC small enough to fit in the MCOL box. You can expand on the detail later in the process.

I've commented on the Creation Finance thread too.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Been trying to do 2 POCs at the same time! finally getting there. Have a ready spreadsheet & draft poc.

I think I will print the N1 and post somewhere rather than separating the Form from the POC. Can someone advise the correct address to send the N1??

Also - I had really forgotten how long ago and young I was when I set this barc card up. They sent a page with my address on which refers to school student days address and an attached sheet alleging to be the t&cs at the time... I have no records going back before so far; all statements thrown out. But my claim now is only for the last decade. I hope my lack of account opening details wont be an issue ???

Here is the draft POC:

me (Claimant)

-vs-

Barclays Bank, trading as Barclaycard (Defendant)

PARTICULARS OF CLAIM

1. The Claimant (me) entered into an agreement (“The Agreement”) with the Defendant (Barclays Bank t/a Barclaycard) on or around 19xx whereby the Defendant was to advance credit facilities to the Claimant under a running credit account, Account number x ("The Account").

2. The Agreement essentially consisted of the Defendant providing the Claimant with a credit card (“The Card”) which would allow the Claimant to make purchases and receive cash advances on credit. In return the Defendant was entitled to charge interest at the published rate.

3. The Agreement was a Regulated Agreement for the purposes of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

4. At all material times the contract was subject to the Defendant’s standard terms and conditions which could be varied from time to time.

Summary

5. Throughout the course of the Agreement, the Defendant has added numerous default charges to the Account for the Claimant’s failure to make the minimum payment on the due date and or for exceeding the credit limit and or if a payment is returned. (Full particulars are set out in schedule 1).

6. The default charges were applied in accordance with the standard terms of The Agreement:

a) A penalty payable on breach of contract and thus unenforceable: and

b) An unfair term under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 (“The Regulations”) and therefore not binding on the Claimant.

7. The Claimant is accordingly entitled to repayment of the sums wrongly added to the Account.

The Charges

8. The standard Terms of the Agreement in substance provided as follows:

(a) The Defendant would provide the Claimant with the Card. The Claimant was entitled to use the Card to make purchases and receive cash advances up to a credit limit (“the Limit”) set by the Defendant. The Defendant could unilaterally change the Limit by giving the Claimant notice in writing.

(b) The Defendant was entitled to charge interest on the purchases and cash advances at the published rate.

© The Claimant was to pay the prescribed 1.75% per month on the balance outstanding as the minimum payment of the amount owed or £5 (whichever was the greatest) by the due date as notified in the monthly statements.

**** help here please with correct t&c terms to use

(d) The Defendant was entitled to charge default fees (“the Charges”) where the Claimant exceeded the Limit, did not pay on the due date or had a payment returned.

The default Charge amounts were: £x between xx 20xx & xx 20xx; £x between xx 20xx & xx 20xx

Penalty

9. The amount of the Charges exceeded any genuine pre-estimate of the damage which would have been suffered by the Bank in relation to the Claimant’s transgressions.

10. In the premises the Charges were punitive and a penalty and thus unenforceable at common law.

The Regulations

11. At all material times the Claimant was a consumer within the Regulations.

12. At all material times the terms of the Agreement providing for the Charges were unfair within regulation 5 of the Regulations in that contrary to the requirement of good faith they caused a significant imbalance in the parties' rights and obligations to the detriment of the Claimant.

13. Without prejudiceto the burden of proof, the Claimant will refer to the following matters in support of the contention that the terms are to be assessed as unfair as at the time of the conclusion of the Agreement, and of each revision to the Standard Terms.

(1) The terms relating to Charges were standard terms; they would not be individually negotiated.

(2) The Charges were a penalty for breach of contract.

(3) The Charges exceeded the costs which the Bank could have expected to incur in dealing with the exceeding of the credit limit, late payment or returned payment.

(4) Accordingly the Charges were a disproportionate charge incurred by the Claimant for their failure to meet their contractual obligation and thus within the ambit of Schedule 2 (1) (e) of the Regulations and indicative of an unfair term.

(5) As the Bank knew, the Charges were of subsidiary importance to the customer in the context of the Agreement as a whole and would not influence the making of the Agreement.

(6) As the Defendant knew, the Claimant had no means of assessing the fairness of the Charges.

(7) In the premises, the effect of the Charges would be prejudicial to the customer who incurred them, and cause an imbalance in the relations of the parties to the Agreement by subordinating the customer’s interests to those of the Defendant in a way which was inequitable.

14. Without prejudice to the burden of proof, the Claimant will contend that the terms imposing the Charges are not core terms under regulation 6 of the Regulations and rely on the following matters:

(1) The assessment of fairness does not relate to terms which define the main or core subject matter of the Agreement.

(2) The assessment of fairness does not relate to the adequacy of the price or remuneration as against the goods or services supplied in exchange (in other words, whether or not the relevant services were value for money).

(3) The Charges are correctly described as default charges by the Defendant in the key information provided to new customers.

15. By reason of the said matters the terms were not binding under regulation 8 of the Regulations.

16. The Defendant wrongly applied Charges to the Account totalling some £xx between xx and xx. Particulars appear in Schedule 1 attached.

17. On xx/2015 the Claimant demanded repayment of the sums wrongly applied.

18. The Defendant has not repaid them or any of them.

And the Claimant claims:

(1) A declaration that the sums totalling £x have wrongly been applied to the Account. Some of these charges are older than the normal 6 yearsbut are claimed by virtue of s32 (1)© Limitations Act 1980 as per Kleinwort Benson -v- Lincoln City Council.

(2) Payment of the said sum of £x and interest of in restitution of £x (£x total to date) as per the case of Sempra Metals v Inland Revenue Commissioners.

(3) Interest under Section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum on the amount claimed - daily rate of £x until judgment or sooner payment.

** 0.00022 applied x total to get daily rate **

(4) Court costs of £x.00

(5) Removal of all adverse credit data for the account, as the remaining account balance is made up of wholly or significantly of unlawful penalty charges and associated interest.

*** please advise on wording here as there is apx £5k balance now, so if barc refund anything there will still be a balance of say £2k+ not made up of charges **

I believe that the facts stated in these particulars, comprising of x pages, are true.

Dated: today !!

Signed. xx

Schedule of Charges Claim will be attached as Sch. 1.

Hi Mum,

Re 18(5), how long has the a/c been continuously in arrears.

Any balance remaining will not include penalties and should remain showing on your CRA UNLESS the reporting should have stopped because you have been in arrears for more than 6 years.

Hi

I am not in arrears. I am paying monthly. Little bit more than the minimum at the moment until I can try and clear the lot.

The issue is there is a notice on each statement I get which says my account is suspended due to the state of my "other account". I think that they have attached the "egg account" that they bought off "egg" - which I have always disputed and they have never been able to claim on.

egg is not showing on my CRA. Says satisfied on the CRA

No debt registered on CRA with Barclaycard.

So if Barc ends up refunding charges and the CI then I will have a balance of circa 2k.

I would like to clear this when I have the funds.

But I don't want any adverse CRA - so should I slightly alter this clause?

To just say "Removal of all adverse credit data specific for the account where the balance is made up significantly of unlawful penalty charges and associated interest."

Would something like that do instead?

Can I alter 8 © ?? to say something like "The Claimant was to pay the prescribed minimum % payment of the amount by the due date as notified in the monthly statements"

Do I have to attach a Schedule 2 including Barc t&cs at set up and current?

Or can I leave that to if/when it goes to court?

I saw this on another thread as a possible alteration to 18 (5)

"A declaration that adverse data reported about the account by Credit Reference Agencies be removed as the amounts so reported are inaccurate due to the inclusion of unlawful penalty charges.

Any thoughts?

Is the correct address for the Defendant:

Barclays Bank PLC

1 Churchill Place London

E14 5HP

Evening - again

The N1 & my spreadsheet is printed x3.

I would just like someone to have a look through my final POC please - before I send it off.

PARTICULARS OF CLAIM

1. The Claimant (xx) entered into an agreement (“The Agreement”) with the Defendant (xx) on or around 19xx whereby the Defendant was to advance credit facilities to the Claimant under a running credit account, Account number ("The Account").

2. The Agreement essentially consisted of the Defendant providing the Claimant with a credit card (“The Card”) which would allow the Claimant to make purchases and receive cash advances on credit. In return the Defendant was entitled to charge interest at the published rate.

3. The Agreement was a Regulated Agreement for the purposes of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

4. At all material times the contract was subject to the Defendant’s standard terms and conditions which could be varied from time to time.

Summary

5. Throughout the course of the Agreement, the Defendant has added numerous default charges to the Account for the Claimant’s failure to make the minimum payment on the due date and or for exceeding the credit limit and or if a payment is returned. (Full particulars set out in schedule 1).

6. The default charges were applied in accordance with the standard terms of The Agreement:

a) A penalty payable on breach of contract and thus unenforceable and

b) An unfair term under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 (“The Regulations”) and therefore not binding on the Claimant.

7. The Claimant is accordingly entitled to repayment of the sums wrongly added to the Account.

The Charges

8. The standard Terms of the Agreement in substance provided as follows:

(a) The Defendant would provide the Claimant with the Card. The Claimant was entitled to use the Card to make purchases and receive cash advances up to a credit limit (“the Limit”) set by the Defendant. The Defendant could unilaterally change the Limit by giving the Claimant notice in writing.

(b) The Defendant was entitled to charge interest on the purchases and cash advances at the published rate.

© The Claimant was to pay the prescribed minimum % payment of the balance outstanding by the due date as notified in the monthly statements.

(d) The Defendant was entitled to charge default fees (“the Charges”) where the Claimant exceeded the Limit, did not pay on the due date or had a payment returned.

The default Charge amounts were: £x between x & x; £x between x & x

Penalty

9. The amount of the Charges exceeded any genuine pre-estimate of the damage which would have been suffered by the Bank in relation to the Claimant’s transgressions.

10. In the premises the Charges were punitive and a penalty and thus unenforceable at common law.

The Regulations

11. At all material times the Claimant was a consumer within the Regulations.

12. At all material times the terms of the Agreement providing for the Charges were unfair within regulation 5 of the Regulations in that contrary to the requirement of good faith they caused a significant imbalance in the parties' rights and obligations to the detriment of the Claimant.

13. Without prejudiceto the burden of proof, the Claimant will refer to the following matters in support of the contention that the terms are to be assessed as unfair as at the time of the conclusion of the Agreement, and of each revision to the Standard Terms.

(1) The terms relating to Charges were standard terms; they would not be individually negotiated.

(2) The Charges were a penalty for breach of contract.

(3) The Charges exceeded the costs which the Bank could have expected to incur in dealing with the exceeding of the credit limit, late payment or returned payment.

(4) Accordingly the Charges were a disproportionate charge incurred by the Claimant for their failure to meet their contractual obligation and thus within the ambit of Schedule 2 (1) (e) of the Regulations and indicative of an unfair term.

(5) As the Bank knew, the Charges were of subsidiary importance to the customer in the context of the Agreement as a whole and would not influence the making of the Agreement.

(6) As the Defendant knew, the Claimant had no means of assessing the fairness of the Charges.

(7) In the premises, the effect of the Charges would be prejudicial to the customer who incurred them, and cause an imbalance in the relations of the parties to the Agreement by subordinating the customer’s interests to those of the Defendant in a way which was inequitable.

14. Without prejudice to the burden of proof, the Claimant will contend that the terms imposing the Charges are not core terms under regulation 6 of the Regulations and rely on the following matters:

(1) The assessment of fairness does not relate to terms which define the main or core subject matter of the Agreement.

(2) The assessment of fairness does not relate to the adequacy of the price or remuneration as against the goods or services supplied in exchange (in other words, whether or not the relevant services were value for money).

(3) The Charges are correctly described as default charges by the Defendant in the key information provided to new customers.

15. By reason of the said matters the terms were not binding under regulation 8 of the Regulations.

16. The Defendant wrongly applied Charges to the Account totalling some £x between x and x. Particulars in Schedule 1 attached.

17. On x the Claimant demanded repayment of the sums wrongly applied.

18. The Defendant has not repaid them or any of them.

And the Claimant claims:

(1) A declaration that the sums totalling £x have wrongly been applied to the Account. Some of these charges are older than the normal 6 yearsbut are claimed by virtue of s32 (1)© Limitations Act 1980 as per Kleinwort Benson -v- Lincoln City Council.

(2) Payment of the said sum of £x and interest of in restitution of £x (£x) as per the case of Sempra Metals v Inland Revenue Commissioners.

(3) Interest under Section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum on the amount claimed (daily rate of £x) until judgment or sooner payment.

(4) Court costs of £x

(5) A declaration that any adverse data reported about the account to and by Credit Reference Agencies be removed as the amounts so reported are inaccurate due to the inclusion of unlawful penalty charges

I believe that the facts stated in these particulars are true.

Anyone?

Are 8 © and 18 (5) ok?

Do they need to be tweeked?

Be grateful for final input so can get this to the PO...

Hi Mum,

How can there be any adverse CRA markers if the a/c hasn't been in arrears. ???

Hi Mum,

How can there be any adverse CRA markers if the a/c hasn't been in arrears. ???

Hi - no arrears with barc card. But they bought my disputed egg account. No dca ever successfully claimed on this and barc haven't but it is attached - without any merit - to my barc card. This is why there is a marker on my cra. Not sure I quite understand how they can do that? I was thinking that if I add a clause about removing adverse data on my cra it simply protects me.

Should I take it out? Or leave it in? (Is it harmless to leave it??)

Edited by slick132
sorted quote format

Hi Mum,

Is there a separate Egg card, as well as the BC card ?

There was.

It was one of the 160k that got closed whilst not in default (in 08 I think) (had another long egg thread on this issue). Several years of disputing and no sols ever managed to go further than threatening letters, now disappeared off my cra as egg.

Barc bought egg debts - haven't got copy of old cra to hand, but think egg eventually said "satisfied" cos barc bought it. (will check a recent one I printed out to see what it said then)

Barc sent some threatening letters too, but never took action.

I wonder if it is a balance sheet thing - not sure how it works, but I remember NW did this with their managed loans - turned overdrafts into (unauthorised, no signature from owner) managed loans at CMS Telford (another long NW thread of mine still on-going how to resolve ) so it showed in a positive way on their books. So it is within barc's interest to keep the egg debts showing on their books despite knowing they are unenforceable.

In the meantime, this old egg account affects my b'card and means my account is suspended. Every statement says the same - your account is suspended due to your other account.

I paid off a biz loan, switched mortgage lender, and don't have an overdraft on my current account - so the only "other" account Barc refer to must be the unenforceable egg account.

This is why I think I should probably add something about cra data.

And am unsure about the wording.

Would be great to finalise this and put it in the post before Xmas. Am ready apart from tweeking the 2 clauses in the POC in red above

Just thinking - alongside this reclaim for charges should I perhaps send in a CCA? or SAR?

Wonder if that would help ascertain the exact status of b'card and the old egg??

Any one help with the above POC ??

please

Hi Mum,

Re the 2 PoC queries in red above :-

1. I think 8© is fine.

2. If there is now a BC marker relating to the ex Egg card, then you can leave 18(5) as it is although I'm not sure BC will comply. This may need to be sorted separately but no harm in leaving it for now as you can sort this when you get to negotiating a settlement.

Make sure you name the Claimant as Barclays Bank PLC t/a Barclaycard and use the London HQ address.

Thanks for that assurance Slick.

The Egg card that was passed to dca Marlin fell off my cra in March 15.

Just checked my records.

Barc - who bought the (4k+) unpaid-off egg debt from egg/marlin - clearly still have the egg card associated with my normal Barc card. I don't have any other accounts with Barc now, so the "other account" they mention every month on my statement can only be the old egg card that defaulted end feb 09. It should not still be "alive" anywhere - or can they keep it "alive" as long as they want; as long as it remains in dispute, unpaid-off ????

• 3 weeks later...

One important question regarding Court fees.

Does the total including the court fee set the limit for the court fee? Or is it the total before the court fee is added?

I have a couple of claims to make and they are very near the limits, so I want to be sure how the court views the total. If the total includes the court fee and it pushes my claim into a fee almost double I may juggle the figures slightly to ensure the total keeps below the maximum limit.

Hi Mum,

The court fee is based on the total of your claim, ie penalties and associated interest.

• 2 weeks later...

I made a mistake on the Claim form :-(

So the court sent it back for me to amend. This has meant a long delay in issuing the claim - annoyingly.

Will update when I have feedback from B'c...

Claim vs B'card has been issued.

They now have less than 2w to reply.

I guess I wait and see how they respond...

Watching with interest as i am embarking on a BC claim myself

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mum,

You should be reading other *WON* threads in the Barclays successes forum. They will tell you most of all you need to know. Go through those threads and make notes to assist you in your claim.

This is a self-help forum where you should be doing what you can yourself.

BC have yet to enter their defence so DQ's are not going to happen yet.

• 4 weeks later...

I have received defence from sols.

I haven't read it yet as I have been so busy.

Am I supposed to do something now? Or just wait for the court to send me directions?

Im a bit worried as I have to be away for work over the next few weeks and wont be around to receive anything in the post.

I will have time in the evenings though to read up on other cases

Hi Mum,

Your case here should follow the same sequence of events as your "Creation" thread.

You could remove identifiers and post a copy of the Defence as a PDF doc't.

Is it possible to email the N180 Directions questionnaire to the ccmcc and to B'card sols?

I have been so busy that I missed seeing the deadline date which is Monday :-(

I can get in the post today but I'm not sure the post office takes next day deliveries on a Saturday? Obviously will attempt that, but in case not, can I email ccmcc & the sols to advise what I am filing?

Also are there any fees to pay when filing directions?

I didn't pay anything on my other case and have heard nothing back. So now I am wondering if it has been chucked out as I did not send any payment with the directions :-(

I have a lot of stuff going on and have not been able to give these my full attention. Probably should have waited until my life is more settled :-(

I just found this email on the hmc website: [email protected]

Can I file by email (& cc Barc)

I think I have found a page that advises how much one pays (according to value of my claim) but I think I don't pay for the hearing until the Judge allocates it - is this correct??

Andyorch/dx are far more conversant in this area mum but if they are posted today with guaranteed delivery for monday that should be fine. Ring the court on monday to check they have received it, it would need to get there by 4pm.

The guys will be around soon to advise on the other points

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Ok thanks

hope I have done this correct...

. I emailed Defence and court.

And have recorded delivery to both, enclosing copy of Defendant's Defence with the DX form.

No cheque enclosed. Will wait to see allocation and I guess I send a cheque then?

Will post up their defence in a bit.

I can research how I respond to their defence in the evenings whilst I am away...

Have attached Barc defence.

All personal info edited.

They also sent me the OFT "calculating fair default charges in credit card contracts, April 2006" folder - but its huge, like 28 pages long, so I haven't scanned/attached here.

If necessary I can scan it.

Barclays Defence edited.PDF

Hi Mum,

Was there nothing with the DQ about the DQ fee ? I think it's £40 if your claim exceeds £1,500, payable on submission of the DQ to the court.

The banks Defence looks standard.