RMA / NCO Debt Collectors

andybhoy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha ha ODC, that is a good reply letter. Far too complicated for RMA though! They can't see that all they are doing is adding fuel to the fire!
and they will soon be burnt.

Na burning sounds like a great idea, after all you could sell tickets and marshmallows ;)

Of course you can report them to TS without their infernal procedure.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Na burning sounds like a great idea, after all you could sell tickets and marshmallows ;)

Of course you can report them to TS without their infernal procedure.

But even better to use their infernal complaint procedure to give them a chance to resolve your complaint. Then when they dont you can report them to the FOS and it willcost them £400 anyway. That way you dont pay, they do and the debt they probably bought for pennies has cost them at least 4000 pennies for the arrogant attitude. That will make a bit of a dent in someones commision, and make us all SMILE

I sent 3 CCA requests to RMA for AMEX.

No replies apart from letter asking to contact them.

They are now well into criminal default, look forward to dealing with NCO, I think they may try the 'we didn't receive as we are not RMA anymore'. Tough I've got proof of delivery. :D

Hello, another update before the final clocks counts down!

RMA called AGAIN, infact my telephone numbers must be top of their lists at the moment. Desperation IMO!

My lovely (!!!) OH decided that I would answer my mobile to RMA ("otherwise they will keep contacting you"). So I did

RMA: Hello this is *** from RMA, is this Red

Me: Yes, speaking

RMA : Can you confirm the following security details?

Me: No

RMA: Why not?

Me: Because you are currently in default of my CCA request

RMA: That is your interpretation of the law, and we are still entitled to contact you regarding your outstanding balance

Me: Please can I have a copy of your Complaints procedure

RMA: We dont need to send you one, we have not done anything wrong

Me: Can I have a copy of your complaints procedure please?

RMA: We are not harrasing you

Me: I did not say that you were

RMA: And we are entitled to contact you to arrange payment

Me: So you will put a copy of your complaints procedure in the post then?

................dialling tone..............................

Well, the calender month expires on the 15th which is Sunday (yeah, no post on a Sunday!)

Waiting game now........

Red

Hello, another update before the final clocks counts down!

RMA called AGAIN, infact my telephone numbers must be top of their lists at the moment. Desperation IMO!

My lovely (!!!) OH decided that I would answer my mobile to RMA ("otherwise they will keep contacting you"). So I did

RMA: Hello this is *** from RMA, is this Red

Me: Yes, speaking

RMA : Can you confirm the following security details?

Me: No

RMA: Why not?

Me: Because you are currently in default of my CCA requestAt this stage the Muppet should have stopped because he/she did not confirm who they were talking to and continued to discuss the case. Cupid Stunt

RMA: That is your interpretation of the law, and we are still entitled to contact you regarding your outstanding balance

Me: Please can I have a copy of your Complaints procedure

RMA: We dont need to send you one, we have not done anything wrong

Me: Can I have a copy of your complaints procedure please?

RMA: We are not harrasing you

Me: I did not say that you were

RMA: And we are entitled to contact you to arrange payment

Me: So you will put a copy of your complaints procedure in the post then?

................dialling tone..............................

Well, the calender month expires on the 15th which is Sunday (yeah, no post on a Sunday!)

Waiting game now........

Red

IDIOTS

Hi Guys,

Had many problems with PayPal / NCO, I currently owe them £500.

NCO phone me at 8am, 12pm and then again at 8pm, they are really threatfull and they really do bully you. Im 17 years old and they simply dont take that i dont have £500 to pay them upfront. I have tried to comprimise with them on monthly or even weekly payments, even when they agreed they are still phoning me every day!

Does anyone know how to get out of it, or how to hold them of, or even to stop them F*&*ING ringing me!!

They are definatly not professional in there ways, and how they are still alive i dont know!

Help me out guys!

Speak Soon!

Hi Guys,

Had many problems with PayPal / NCO, I currently owe them £500.

NCO phone me at 8am, 12pm and then again at 8pm, they are really threatfull and they really do bully you. Im 17 years old and they simply dont take that i dont have £500 to pay them upfront. I have tried to comprimise with them on monthly or even weekly payments, even when they agreed they are still phoning me every day!

Does anyone know how to get out of it, or how to hold them of, or even to stop them F*&*ING ringing me!!

They are definatly not professional in there ways, and how they are still alive i dont know!

Help me out guys!

Speak Soon!

Start a new thread so as our replies dont get mixed up. You will get all the help on here that you need to get these parasites off your back. Its surprisingly easy to deal with bullies

Deadline has passed for CCA request from RMA (shame there was no local delivery last Friday, or Sunday :) ) so they have gone past the calender month. YEAH!! Also though, with there being only a little post, I did not receive their complaints procedure either ;). OH WELL!

They have contacted me (well, attempted to) on Friday, but didn't bother answering when I saw their number, and they left the normal "Please return our call urgently".

The only phone call I will now be making regarding this case will be to Trading Standards!

Thanks all,

Red

Follow up with this.......i did and my debt was returned to Barclaycard straight away.....Lets just say i don't think they were too happy...Loved it!!!!!!

Dear Sir or Madam,

I refer to my letter dated xxxxxx which was delivered via Recorded Delivery to your offices on xxxxxx.

You have failed to acknowledge this request in any way, whether by confirmation of receipt of the letter or by supplying the requested documents. The documents I requested should be readily available as proof of your legal right to collect this account.

In my letter of the xxxxxx I made a formal request for a copy of the signed, executed credit agreement for the above account under Section 77(1) and Section 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and a true signed copy of the Deed of Assignment. In addition a full statement of my account should have been sent to me detailing all debits and credits to the account from the time RMA purchased this account, along with any other documents mentioned in the credit agreement.

You are reminded that you are obliged to supply these documents, whether you are the original creditor or not, as defined under Section 189 of the CCA 1974.

The Consumer Credit Act allows 12 working days for this request to be carried out before your company enter into a default situation. If the request is not satisfied after a further 30 calendar days, your company commits an offence. These time limits expired on xxxxxx and xxxxxx respectively.

As you are no doubt aware, Section 78(6) states:

If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1) -

(a) He is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement; and

(b) If the default continues for one month he commits an offence.

Therefore on xxxxxx this account became unenforceable at law and no further payment will be made by myself to the account, as you have failed to comply with a request for a true signed copy of the said agreement, and other relevant documents mentioned in it, and failed to send a full statement of the account and failed to provide a true copy of the Deed of Assignment, under the relevant sections of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Further, I do not acknowledge any debt to RMA.

I require the following action from RMA :

1. All payments made to date to RMA for this account should be refunded in full, including interest at the rate of 8% per annum.

2. Removal of all defaults entered by RMA. Note this is to be a complete deletion and not merely an amendment.

3. I look forward to compensation under Section 13 of the Data Protection Act 1998 to be offered for the processing of my data in the manner it has been done over the past number of years.

4. After a full refund of all payments with interest and compensation are received by me, you will be required under Section 10 and Section 12 of the Data Protection Act 1998 to cease and desist all manual and automatic processing of my data within your company and any other company within your group.

If you do not respond positively to my request, court action may be taken under Section 14 of the Data Protection Act 1998 to force RMA or any other company within the group to comply with the refund of all monies paid, removal of all defaults maintained and compensation for damage and distress as a result of unlawful data processing. I may also pass the matter to the relevant enforcement authorities including, but not limited to, the OFT, the Information Commissioners Office, Trading Standards, the CSA, the FOS and my local MP.

I look forward to your reply within 14 days to resolve the matter amicably.

Yours faithfully,

Cheers

Hey Ginger66, good letter!

I did send RMA a very similar letter to this one, and they ignored it. I also sent them the telephone harrassment letter as well, and they ignored that too. RMA are incompetant bullies, hence the TS route for me!

Also, like with you, I expect that my account will be returned to Barclaycard soon (maybe via another DCA!!) and then maybe I will get a sensible person to deal with.......TBC!

Red

UPDATE:

I spent this afternoon writing a time line regarding my history with RMA. Low and behold, about half an hour later, RMA phoned AGAIN. They asked if they could speak to me, I said no, they asked why not, I said that they had received a letter asking not to contact me by telephone again, they said that they had not received it, I said it was signed for. They said that if I did not discuss my account with them, that that they would send someone round. I said Ok and hung up.

Got straight onto my local trading standards, who transferred me to Consumer Direct.

Was not very impressed. They told me to send a letter to RMA quoting the Administration of Justice Act, I said I had on 3rd July. I queried that RMA were still phoning, and Consumer Direct said that they shouldn't be (um, I know that!!).They said that if RMA "send someone round" that I should call the police, and not to let them in without a court order (again I know!), and to contact the OC to see if they assigned the debt to RMA. WHen I queried the CCA Act 1974, and the guidelines, I seemed to know more than them, and this was just brushed under the carpet, with the advisor saying that if the OC had assigned the debt to RMA then RMA were entitled to chase me for it.

So I have a reference number and Consumer Direct will contact my local TS and RMA's local TS office. I feel really deflated. Consumer Direct have not really appeared to have helped, and now RMA are harrassing me even more, even though I have told them not to.

What is my next step guys? FOS?

I am really stressed now, as it is so unpleasant.

Please advise! (ASAP!!) TY in advance.

Red

I have amended Ginger66's letter to state under the para regarding S78 of CCA that "This is not my interpretation of the law" (as I was accused on the telephone by RMA last week - see above post permalink)

I have also advised them that I have contacted Trading Standards, in the form of Consumer Direct who will be contacting my local TS office and their local TS office.

Would love to put "Now bu***r off" to finish, but no doubt I would get into trouble!

What do you think? Comments always welcome!

Red

Thank you again CurlyBen,

I will send them the letter, and will not enter into any dialogue over the phone which could be misconstrued. All I will do, as usual, is advise them that I will not be confirming my details. End of. I know that they try and keep me talking by asking why I won't speak to them, and I have stated my case enough times recently both over the phone and in writing.

Sound advice (as always ;) )

RMA will not send anyone round. They are so full of crap. The advice about calling the police is sound. Rinng 999 and report a Breach of the Peace. Note the registration number of the vehicle the doorstepper is in.

RMA are really getting desperate now. I hope you are recording all their calls and threats. DO NOT bother getting involved in ANY discussion with the lowlife ****. Set the phone to one side and carry on with what you were doing. Call Barring is a wonderful device as is Choose to Refuse. If you want to build up a criminal case against them let them ring and log everything.

TY ODC/Monty/CB for all your comments, suggestions and general support. I will send off my letter tomorrow, and research barring calls on my mobile. All calls are definitely logged, but at the moment not recorded. I have kept all of their messages though!

Feel better with all of your messages!

Thanks again

Red

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks