GoSkippy cancelled insurance instead of amending. The way forward? **Resolved**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3259 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I made a complaint to GoSkippy yesterday as they cancelled mine and my partners joint insurance because we got the date wrong for when his provisional licence started; they gave 7 days notice of cancellation. The mistake was unintentional but GoSkippy refused to let me amend the policy and pay extra instead opting to cancel the policy leaving me having to answer that dreaded question every time I apply for insurance from now on; they of course managed to charge me silly money for the cancellation as they said the mistake was ours and also told me I could reapply for a policy after ours was cancelled!!! I have a cart-load of no claims on another policy but this cancellation will still affect me badly so I want redress as this was an innocent mistake.

As an aside, my partner today had a call on my mobile from Eldon asking him about an accident he has never had; he is a learner and has never had an accident and he has never given my number as a contact so what gives?

I'm really not happy as what they have done is going to affect me financially for all time. Apart from going to the ombudsman which is next on the list, any advice anyone? I've read online they are terrible at dealing with complaints. Thanx

What was the date of the licence and what was the date that you gave?

We gave the date it was issued in 2014 as DVLA said the old 2004 one had expired and been cancelled and a new one had to be applied for. My partner applied for a new license and gave me the date of this one believing the old one was cancelled.

Seems to be an honest mistake and not something they should have voided the policy over. You will need to complain to the insurance company before going to the ombudsman as they need chance to rectify the complaint themselves

Thanks Jaye05. Goskippy complaints dept talked to their underwritters about this; the outcome being I don't have to declare the cancellation when taking insurance in the future. They sent this in writing & also cancelled the cancellation fee which they said will be refunded. I must say I expected the worst when I checked their reviews after the insurance was cancelled but they dealt with my complaint and had a resolution a few days after receiving my letter which was a huge relief.