CCJ Question

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3245 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think you need to think this through. The only thing that has changed since the original judgment is that you & claimant came to agreement that you forgo your appeal and they accept a lower sum than the original judgment and won't enforce provided payments are maintained. The original ccj stands as it was not part of the consent order to set aside judgment. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and you should have challenged that it be included at the time of drafting the consent order. As it stands I don't see any basis to set aside and certainly not for the reason that you have now paid what you agreed to pay.

Thanks guys.

I think the argument has to be that the consent agreement effectively set the judgment aside and substituted the amount and the payment terms agreed. As they were dealing with an unrepresented litigant, the creditor's solicitors should at least have suggested that this was put into the consent agreement and I am now seeking to put the situation right. It is possible that they may yet be prepared to agree something so all is not yet lost!

The Consent didnt set the judgment aside....not unless its stated within the schedule of the consent.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks guys.

I think the argument has to be that the consent agreement effectively set the judgment aside and substituted the amount and the payment terms agreed. As they were dealing with an unrepresented litigant, the creditor's solicitors should at least have suggested that this was put into the consent agreement and I am now seeking to put the situation right. It is possible that they may yet be prepared to agree something so all is not yet lost!

Also bear in mind that should you pay £155 and fail, not only will you not get your fee back but it is possible you could be ordered to pay the other side's legal costs of dealing with the application.