Universal Automatic Citizens Income

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A problem with scrapping or making the benefits system easier, is that it would need a lot less civil servants to manage it. Throwing this many people onto the dole in one foul swoop would be counter productive.

I think that is the plan, but not to dump them all at once.

A problem with scrapping or making the benefits system easier, is that it would need a lot less civil servants to manage it. Throwing this many people onto the dole in one foul swoop would be counter productive.

I thought the Conservatives wanted a smaller state

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

@SoggyMoggy There is no dole now The Green Party have won. The Benefits system is scrapped and the civil servants receive their Universal Automatic Citizens Income for being here :-)

@Conniff I have been looking into Green Party housing policy and it looks great. They certainly do have a plan to transit and pay. I think the party addresses housing diversity too and not wanting to force people into home ownership by doing ecologically destructive. soul destroying work to pay for it, when they do not want to live their lives that way. It addresses housing as a basic human right and not a commodity and does a better job in my view of sorting the problems out at a fundamental level than ANY of the other parties.

https://www.greenparty.org.uk/news/2015/02/05/green-party-policy-announcement-500,000-social-rented-homes-by-2020/

p41 in the Manifesto. I like the idea of those forest holidays as becoming a template for housing for the subset of people who want to live like that. Plus all the extra forests that will have to be planted will help clean up the air.

I agree with @SabreSheep about JC. Although I wonder if a Green labour could be possible down the line.

Thanks @tawnyowl for sharing your Green Party Encounter... I have never met anyone in person from the Green Party. I may have to pop along to their monthly meeting now.