How to check a car dealership is a legitimate company

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2425 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I went to see a used car I found through Auto Trader at a Bristol dealership today. I liked that car and went home and looked up the dealership to check out their credentials. It was Tiley Motors (on the business card), also known as Tiley of Bristol (website). According to Companies House they are "dissolved".

How do I check this out for certain? Can I ask them? Who can I call?

Is it possible that they are trading illegitimately?

Hello

I went to see a used car I found through Auto Trader at a Bristol dealership today. I liked that car and went home and looked up the dealership to check out their credentials. It was Tiley Motors (on the business card), also known as Tiley of Bristol (website). According to Companies House they are "dissolved".

How do I check this out for certain? Can I ask them? Who can I call?

Is it possible that they are trading illegitimately?

We're talking about car dealers here, anything is possible 😁

You need to see the heading on an invoice etc. Usually it will be something like Dodgy Car Dealers Limited trading as Tiley of Bristol cars. then serch for that company and its directors. Once you have found the directors, look for any other business dealings and see what you think.

Hi

On their website there is no information to any company registration at Companies House but of course they could be different company trading as tliey.

the only info I have found is for Tileys motors Ltd.

THE CONIFERS

FILTON ROAD

HAMBROOK

BRISTOL

ENGLAND

BS16 1QG

BUT this company is dissolved and has been since 2012.

If Tiley check out reviews or anything else on the web, perhaps they would like to register and give us their Companies House registration number and explain why none of the required info is available on their website

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Anyone went fishing at the weekend?

It's quite fishy here...

I share my way of thinking: If a company is registered under one name and then trades under a dozen completely different names I find that suspicious.

After all when you start a company you decide its name.

Why have a company called Mr nobody ltd and then trade as Mr Smith ltd???

Especially with car dealers and builders it's always appropriate to dig a bit further before parting with any money.

If it's Tiley's that are close to Hartcliffe (Vale Lane/Hartcliffe Way), whilst I don't know about their current trading status, I can tell you that they've been there, in the same place, for many many years.

They also used to supply (I don't know if they still do now that they're SWAST) the as was Avon Ambulance Service (then Great Western Ambulance Service Trust) with Ambulance RRV's, so they're fairly well established I'd say.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Hmm, having done a little more digging, this would appear to be...

TILEY BRISTOL LIMITED

Company No. 02896145

Which further appears to be in the process of being 'wound up'

Case Number: 1

Case Type: Voluntary Creditors Liquidation

Appointed Practitioner Name: LAW, JONATHAN

Appointed Practitioner Address: THIRD FLOOR GOLDSMITHS HOUSE

BROAD PLAIN

BRISTOL

BS2 0JP

Number of Cases: 1

To obtain details of the practitioner click on the appropriate case type description.

Case Number: 1 (of 1 cases)

Case Type: Voluntary Creditors Liquidation

Wind Up Date: 24/08/2011

Appoint Practitioner: 24/08/2011

Due to be Dissolved: 20/11/2014

I guess things haven't gone well of late.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.