• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

car driver ran into the side of my car M4 - now claimform 3yrs later!! - ** RESOLVED **

topcat1802
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

scan it up lets see

HOW TO UPLOAD DOCUMENTS / IMAGES ON CAG IMMEDIATELY YOU DO NOT NEED 10 POSTS

IMPORTANT To protect your IDENTITY and ensure you remain ANONYMOUS on CAG

YOU MUST ensure that you REMOVE all Personal Information including Barcodes, Names, Addresses etc

ENSURE: To leave all Monetary Figures and Dates.

DO NOT USE A BIRO, PEN, SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS TO EDIT THE INFORMATION

1. SCAN YOUR DOCUMENT

- Set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300 DPI (150 will do)

- Scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture (jpg) file

- Don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

- If you have multiple scans/pictures

please put these into WORD and make a multi page document

first ensuring you have removed all Personal Information before converting to PDF.

if you dont have MSOFFICE, use openoffice its free and has a PDF converter.

- IPHONE ONLY: Take a picture and Convert to PDF via an APP

2. HOW TO EDIT (Remove Personal Information)

- Do this using MSPAINT.EXE or any Photo Editing program and ensure to save the document.

PLEASE TRY AND REFRAIN FROM POSTING FILES OF +1Mb in size

a single sheet of a4 should be about 50kb.

3. HOW TO CONVERT YOUR DOCUMENT TO PDF

- If you have OFFICE installed this has an installable PRINT to PDF option so use this and save as PDF.

- If you have PDF as an installed driver use this program and save as PDF.

OR Go to one of the many free online pdf converter websites:

- http://freejpgtopdf.com/

- http://www.convert-jpg-to-pdf.net/

- http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

- http://www.pdfmerge.com/

- http://www.primopdf.com/

PLEASE REMEMBER: It would be better to upload a Multi-page PDF rather than multiple Single PDFs.

4. BEFORE UPLOADING YOUR DOCUMENT ON CAG

- Logically Name your PDF File so Users know what it is. DO NOT NAME YOUR FILE USING BANK NAMES OR CAG IN THE TITLE

- For Example: Default Notice DDicon-MM-YYYY.

IMPORTANT To protect your IDENTITY and ensure you remain ANONYMOUS on CAG please ensure that you do a final check that all Personal Information including Barcodes, Names, Addresses etc. are REMOVED before carrying out the NEXT STEP

5. HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR DOCUMENT ON CAG

- In your Thread/Post open a new msg box here.

- Click 'Go Advanced' below the msg box.

- Click 'Manage Attachments' below that box.

- Click the 'Add Files' button on the top right.

- Click 'Select Files', navigate to your file(s) on your PC.

- Click 'Upload Files'.

- You DON’T have to put a link to the attachment in the msg box just upload it ……… JOB DONE

- You can click on your links to check them too!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This often happens when the other driver is struggling to get paid out for the accident claim and they are blaming you in this case for the accident. They have gone online and made a court court claim against you using the MCOL site.

If you had Insurance, just phone your Insurance company and they will ask you to send the court claim to them urgently, so they can acknowledge it and deal with it within the time allowed. When you phone the Insurers get the name of the person you speak to, which office they are from and to make sure they know it needs to be dealt with urgently.

Don't do anything with the claim, until you have spoken to the Insurers.

do this.

I've "reported" your post to get it unapproved (if you don't delete it first), as it has your details (initials TC) and the claimants details clearly visible.

Can you re-post the form with personal details and codes / bar codes obscurred?

It looks like some attempt (using the word 'text') to obscure the details has been made, with more success on the VRM's, but little success on the claimaint & defendant's names and addresses!

I'll happily delete this (or site team are welcome to), when it is sorted, or I'll just edit out the iniitals :)

This often happens when the other driver is struggling to get paid out for the accident claim and they are blaming you in this case for the accident. They have gone online and made a court court claim against you using the MCOL site.

If you had Insurance, just phone your Insurance company and they will ask you to send the court claim to them urgently, so they can acknowledge it and deal with it within the time allowed. When you phone the Insurers get the name of the person you speak to, which office they are from and to make sure they know it needs to be dealt with urgently.

Don't do anything with the claim, until you have spoken to the Insurers.

Do this ASAP +2

cant see any pers info showing now orearlier

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi the name of the Claim Form is the other driver, he seems to be claiming the cost of repairs, and hire of a car while his car was being repaired.

I am not sure if the claim form is valid, as there is no password on the form for me to login to MCOL to rebut the claim!

Have you called the Court?

That appears to be a genuine Court claim, but it was not issues via MCOL which is why you have no password is login. All responses must be done manually by posting them to the Court.

However, you need to pass the claim to your insurer ASAP and make a copy for yourself. Follow it up with your insurer so they acknowledge it in time.

I phoned insurer, and then sent them a copy of the claim form last Friday.

Since I had heard nothing back I phoned insurer yesterday to check what they were doing, was told claim had been passed to their solicitor to deal with and he had acknowledged the claim and would deal with it on my behalf. I asked for confirmation in writing and am still waiting a written reply.

I have a recording of the phone calls since all my calls from my mobile are recorded.

pers I would check with the court it has been ack'd!

I got caught out 15yrs ago and it was a hell of a job to unravel the mess.

and they

pers I would check with the court it has been ack'd!

I got caught out 15yrs ago and it was a hell of a job to unravel the mess.

Thanks for the advice. I will do that in the morning.

Received a letter from solicitor representing my insurance company, he has acknowledged the county court claim and is going to dispute it.

Today received a phone call from insurer, they don't believe that the accident is 50:50 so they have told solicitor to dispute the claim although he advised that they settle for 50:50.

I await to see what happens next.

I agree with MaxPower - how can he claim his excess and the cost of repairs, if he paid the excess insurance would pay cost of repairs, if he paid cost of repairs himself them there is no excess to pay, so he can claim one or the other and not both! He is probably claiming both to bump up the value of the claim.

Apparently the claim for repairs and excess are technically classed as two separate heads of claim and the claimant can seek to recover both. Without wanting to get too technical the claim for repairs is what’s called a “subrogated claim” from the claimant’s insurers that can be included with the claimant’s claim.

I asked if the claimant can claim his insurance excess can I make a counter claim for mine and the answer is I could.

Apparently the claim for repairs and excess are technically classed as two separate heads of claim and the claimant can seek to recover both. Without wanting to get too technical the claim for repairs is what’s called a “subrogated claim” from the claimant’s insurers that can be included with the claimant’s claim.

I asked if the claimant can claim his insurance excess can I make a counter claim for mine and the answer is I could.

Has always been like this. I can remember this from dealing with motor claims over 20 years ago. Subrogated just means the rights of an Insurers to recover their outlay from the negligent party, which are the repair costs paid out, plus any other costs incurred

I just does not normally get to the stage where one party issues a court claim and in your case, obviously agreement between parties has been impossible. It should have been negotiated on years ago and settled.

If you counter claim, there is a fee to the court due, depending on the amount you would be seeking. You can find the information on fees online.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Solicitor for my side says may be better to settle my claim for excess outside of the courts!

Will the third party settle your excess or is that Solicitor basically saying don't bother ?

This is obviously a dispute, where the third party or their Insurers think you were partly to blame for the accident.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 months later...

Just to update this thread.

Everything is now sorted out. Had letter from solicitor dealing with defence from my insurance company, saying the claim was settled on a 50:50 basis. Which is what I thought had been agreed to 2 years ago.

What a strange situation to find yourself in 3 years after an accident.

• Haha 1