New Dentist and treatment

shywazz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3360 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Registered at a new Dentist after practise was recommended, ( scared of dentists ) I pay for treatments as in full time employment. when I visited the dentist I filled in the questionnaire, and stated treatments under the NHS cost....

One question on the new applicant page is treatment required straight away, to which I ticked YES and gave brief outline of problem, was given appointment for 5 days away, although they could see I was in a lot of pain and could hardly talk, went to doctors next morning to get pain killers and antibiotics, waited the five days until appointment day, sat in dentist chair explained pain etc, dentist said can remove tooth but would be classed as emergency treatment under private charge, or could make another appointment for following week, where would be charged NHS costing... due to extreme pain I asked for tooth to be taken out straight away, I do have a plate hence a tooth had to be added, to replace the one taken out, the dentist said this could be done, under the NHS costing but would take two weeks to get done, or within 3 days if I paid privately, I opted for straight away, as needed plate back, to attend work, eat properly etc etc I collect the plate Tuesday after my hygienist appointment, which I know I pay for myself, Question I have is I feel I was somewhat pressured in paying private costs instead of having to wait for nhs treatment that the dentist deemed an emergency at the time. I know they are Bands within the NHS charging, a tooth removal and a tooth adding to a plate would come under band two £50.50, my very 1st visit to this dentist cost £60 for tooth removal, and £60 for a tooth to be added to my plate. Already I'm having dough's about this dentist, and feel that treatment under NHS costing's are been delayed, and same treatment offered instantly or within days if prepared to pay privately. I will attend appointment Tuesday, as have to collect my partial plate, just that something is niggling inside me, that I have been somewhat cash cowed just because I needed treatment straight away ? Surely if dentist classed treatment as emergency it should have been carried straight away under nhs banding, not only by paying private cost. kinda feel I was taken advantage of, while needing emergency treatment, either pay private charge for instant treatment, or wait in pain for week and pay nhs charge. thoughts.............................baffled.................

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

Hi,

Sorry you'v had such a bad time, I noticed the NHS say " Toothache, no matter how bad, is not classed as a dental emergency." I know that doesn't help you any but I'm not sure how it's classed as an emergency with one but not the other.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Just a up date, went to dentist, had the tooth extracted, and tooth added to my plate, cost £120........

Dentist then said I required three fillings, albeit very small fillings, he priced them at £90+£90 for two small fillings and £200 for a slighter bigger filling, total cost £380 I have now been informed by someone that white fillings come free under NHS treatment, is this TRUE ? I am aware that white fillings are not available on the back teeth, but can someone let me know about white fillings on the front teeth......... another question I have, since the work I have already had done, ie the extraction and added tooth to plate was done privately, on the TWO visits I have attended, I have had to sign a NHS declaration, why is this when NO NHS treatment given by dentist as yet ? I have paid a £100 deposit for my fillings next week..... the balance to pay once fillings done.... I do not want to be made to pay private if the work can or should be done under the NHS banding, I was very much cash cowed at my last dentist to the tune of over £2,670 for work done, hence I felt I had to pay to get the pain and work carried out.... but I never went back after all the treatment was completed as I felt I as cheated.... but I got a decent smile, although some of the work is now requiring in getting re-done, as it was back in 2001 when the work was completed. Any advise on the white filling question would be helpful to me.... thanks

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

According to the NHS choices website a dentist MAY suggest a tooth coloured filling if it is on the front teeth, but nothing to say that it is compulsory.

I guess the FP17 form is because the initial exam was on the NHS.