Seat Cars

jib
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3386 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if you may help.

I have a Seat Leon car which is 21 months old.

I purchased the car from a Seat franchised dealer in Aylesbury for £18k

The car is used for teaching people to drive, this was made clear when I purchased the car.

In early January of this year the car heater failed,

under the terms of the warranty Seat UK have attempted to fix the problem on Three occasions (3 days) without success.

They now openly admit they do not know what the cause of the problem is,

and as a consequence they want to keep the car for an ‘indefinite’ period to sort out the issue.

I have already lost about £500 with the car off the road while they were trying to fix it.

I have also had pupils tell me they do not want lessons as the car is too cold.

I have made a formal request to Seat Cars UK to provide me with a dual controlled car while they fix the problem.

They have refused.

So under the Supply of goods and services act

can I take them to court to seek compensation for loss of earnings and damage to my reputation as a well respected driving instructor?

In theory they could keep the car for weeks.

Can I hire a dual controlled car and ask them to pay for it?

Could I take them to the small claims court to claim redress?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks

[removed]

Edited by dx100uk
pers info removed - dx

You could try but I wouldn't hold out for much help with a dual controlled car. Further they are under no obligation to provide one even if it didn't have dual controls though good customer service dictates making a single controlled car available.

I'd also read the terms of your warranty in great detail as many manufacturers won't cover cars used for driving schools for more than the obligatory year so don't get caught out there either.

This will be a B2B sale, so do you have a written contract Jib ??

You do have implied rights. Goods must be:

as described and of satisfactory quality (eg safe, in working order, free of defects) and fit for purpose.

It also means that services must be carried our with reasonable care and skill and within a reasonable time

This also applies if you are buying on hire purchase.

Edited by Conniff

The sale was a private retail sale. The dealership were made aware that I would be using the car for driving instruction, indeed, this is the 2nd car I have purchased from them. for this purpose.

They allowed the dual controls to be fitted (paid for and arranged by my self) prior to me collecting the car.