Football league payments

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I recently left a 5 a side league at the end of our 3 season as it was run so bad.

A month later I received a letter stating I owed them £250 and that a county court judgement would be issued against me if I refuse to pay.

Is that likely to be won?

We had to cancel 3 out of 50 fixtures as we couldn't get a team out and they charge 74 quid each time.... rip off!!

So I emailed them saying I wouldn't pay it all as they ran it so badly and she replied offering to half the fines and it went down to 139 quid but I had 7 days to respond or it would revert back to 250. So I responded simply saying I wanted that in a signed letter and I've just had a reply saying I dnt need that and her email is all I need as confirmation of our agreement. I never agreed to it? Also she never put a date when the agreement has to be completed so has she screwed herself over and can I just ignore it now?

Also they don't have my original signed contract just one we signed after he second season to allow us to carry on.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by citizenB

I think they might have to send you a proper Letter before Action if they were to take any legal action against you. However, I will try and find someone who might be able to offer more advice.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I noticed you started 4 x threads on this issue - can you please just stick to this one?

I have merged all the threads into this one.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It annoys me when people say they will get a CCJ against someone..a CCJ is one possible outcome of a successful court proceeding, but only IF the applicant is successful and only IF the defendant does not pay up.

I wish they just say we will start legal proceedings, but I guess a CCJ sounds more threatening.

Whether this would be successful would all depend on whether their was an original contract agreed between the parties and what is said, even if some penalty clause was included, possible defences may be that the other side didn't fulfil their obligations (i.e it was badly run) or whether it was an 'unfair term', we have no idea of its success unless we know what this 'contract' said.

Other people have had similar issues, see http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?404625-Champion-Soccer-requesting-money and http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?390932-Help-with-Champion-Soccer-letter

They probably won't decide to issue a claim over 250quid. If they do issue a claim, whether they would win depends on what is mentioned in the contract you agreed to when you signed up. You should read that contract and any T&Cs carefully to see what they say - very often companies like this do not operate in accordance with their own T&Cs.

If you are being charged an additional 'penalty' that can be challenged.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

All it says on the original application form is that I am responsible to fulfil and pay for all fixtures in a season.

there are no terms and conditions on the actual contract which is a very basic form.

We had teams not turn up 3 times and were not even informed which they could have dealt with a lot better so surely they didn't fulfil there obligation. There's nothing about paying fines for cancelling games on the contract just in the hand book, they are fining us for cancelling g games even though we gave them plenty of notice.

So many teams have dropped out so that's proof it's a badly run league doesn't it?

It also said in the form that I agree to the rules but I was not sent these till after I had signed up. In he hand book it mentions if you do not show up for a fixture but inform them before 430 you will be charged double match fees. It's a unfair term as we simply didn't have enough players those weeks and in their handbook it says they will do all they can to help us get players but when I asked for this help I got told to turn up early and ask players from other teams.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 months later...

Mate, to be honest, you were the one, I was hoping would reply, I was about to send you a PM!!!!

When they said they were going to take you to court, how long ago was that you reckon?

These guys are proper gits, they throw a lot of legal jargon at you, and it massively had me worried!!

Cheers

Lobbo88

I replied basically saying I wouldn't pay the fines just what I owed for games we played and they suddenly halved the debt. Since that email I never replied to it and no letters have come through I think that was in February

They seem to be just bluffing man. I think I'll bang them an email, just stating pretty much what you have said, and see what they say. Also a guy in another thread has been very helpful and pretty much seems to think they are all bullers.

Cheers for the time man, I really appreciate it.

Will email them tomorrow, and let you know what they say.

Cheers again

Lobbo88

I replied basically saying I wouldn't pay the fines just what I owed for games we played and they suddenly halved the debt. Since that email I never replied to it and no letters have come through I think that was in February

they are not FINES

only a court can fine you

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 months later...

willy waving

ignore them

d

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Football league payments