• Tweets

• Please see my comments on your post in red
    • Thanks for your reply, I have another 3 weeks before the notice ends. I'm also concerned because the property has detoriated since I've been here due to mould, damp and rusting (which I've never seen in a property before) rusty hinges and other damage to the front door caused by damp and mould, I'm concerned they could try and charge me for damages? As long as you've documented and reported this previously you'll have a right to challenge any costs. There was no inventory when I moved in, I also didn't have to pay a deposit. Do an inventory when you move out as proof of the property's condition as you leave it. I've also been told that if I leave before a possession order is given I would be deemed intentionally homeless, is this true? If you leave, yes. However, Your local council has a legal obligation to ensure you won't be left homeless as soon as you get the notice. As stated before, you don't have to leave when the notice expires if you haven't got somewhere else to go. Just keep paying your rent as normal. Your tenancy doesn't legally end until a possession warrant is executed against you or you leave and hand the keys back. My daughter doesn't live with me, I'd likely have medical priority as I have health issues and I'm on pip etc. Contact the council and make them aware then.      
    • extension? you mean enforcement. after 6yrs its very rare for a judge to allow enforcement. it wont have been sold on, just passed around the various differing trading names the claimant uses.    
    • You believe you have cast iron evidence. However, all they’d have to do to oppose a request for summary judgment is to say “we will be putting forward our own evidence and the evidence from both parties needs to be heard and assessed by a judge” : the bar for summary judgment is set quite high! You believe they don't have evidence but that on its own doesn't mean they wouldn't try! so, its a high risk strategy that leaves you on the hook for their costs if it doesn't work. Let the usual process play out.
    • Ok, I don't necessarily want to re-open my old thread but I've seen a number of such threads with regards to CCJ's and want to ask a fairly general consensus on the subject. My original CCJ is 7 years old now and has had 2/3 owners for the debt over the years since with varying level of contact.  Up to last summer they had attempted a charging order on a shared mortgage I'm named on which I defended that action and tried to negotiate with them to the point they withdrew the charging order application pending negotiations which we never came to an agreement over.  However, after a number of communication I heard nothing back since last Autumn barring an annual generic statement early this year despite multiple messages to them since at the time.  at a loss as to why the sudden loss of response from them. Then something came through from this site at random yesterday whilst out that I can't find now with regards to CCJ's to read over again.  Now here is the thing, I get how CCJ's don't expire as such, but I've been reading through threads and Google since this morning and a little confused.  CCJ's don't expire but can be effectively statute barred after 6 years (when in my case was just before I last heard of the creditor) if they are neither enforced in that time or they apply to the court within the 6 years of issue to extend the CCJ and that after 6 years they can't really without great difficulty or explanation apply for a CCJ extension after of the original CCJ?.  Is this actually correct as I've read various sources on Google and threads that suggest there is something to this?.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

humptydumpty v barclays bank

humptydumpty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6350 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to all

I am just starting out on the long campaign ahead to getting all my dosh back from Barclays (plus a few more!), one at a time though may be the best approach. Got my first D.P.A. + £10 fee at the ready for posting (recorded delivery) tomorrow sharpish, and settling in for a long wait.

Wish me luck in the battle thats looming.

humpty

_

send of your dpa tomorrow preferrably recorded delivery, they have 40 days to provide the data

-----------------------------------------------

Mortgage Express charges- settled in full after issuing claim

------------------------------------------------

To view the FAQ'S click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

To view the PRELIM letter click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

To view the Letter Before Action click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

To find Registered Address:

http://www.esd.informationcommissioner.gov.uk/esd/search.asp

If my advise helps click here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/reputation.php?p=366404

Well I sent off the S.A.R. to Barclays, which they recieved on Tuesday the 7th.

Already got a reminder typed up for them should I need it (which I will!) should they dilly dally (which they undoutedly WILL!!!).

keep you posted.

humpty

Hi, got my fob off letter and postal order returned within a week.

Three stuffed envelopes arrived just over a week later so fingers crossed you may need the calculator sooner than you think.

Best wishes

Barclays - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 19/10/06

Postal order returned and statements on way 26/10/06

Sending prelim for £1460 on 13/11/06

Reply to Prelim received on 15/11/06

Barclaycard - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 19/10/06

Short on statements, response sent 14/11/06

MBNA - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 19/10/06

Promised statements by 19/11/06

Statements received on 19/11/06 from march 2004. Sending polite letter on 20/11/06

I PLEDGE A MINIMUMN OF 5% OF SUCCESSFUL CLAIMS TO THE UPKEEP OF THIS SITE.

Well I received my Barclays S.A.R. response in double quick time :o :o today. It was sent on the 6/11, received by Barclays on the 7/11, responded to on the 8/11 and mailed on the 10/11, slow coaches Royal Mail however took 4 days to get it to me, slower than a coach and four took from York to London in the 18th century ! they also returned my £10 quid P.O.:)

Anyway, here is the full text of their letter.

Radbroke Hall

Knutsford

Cheshire

WA169EU

Dear Mr *************

DATA PROTECTION ACT

We refer to your letter of 5 November, which was passed to this department for comment due to your request for certain information, relating to bank charges, under the terms of the Data Protection Act ["the Data Protection Act"].

Please be aware that the Bank is not under an obligation to present information according to any particular format. Therefore, your request to assemble a schedule of charges is turned aside. You may of course obtain this data from copy statements and these will be supplied to you within the next few weeks without charge on this occasion. As the Bank is providing the copy statements on a complimentary basis your payment is returned herewith. We would advise however, that some statement information arising from the period prior to and possibly during 1999 to 2000 is manually stored in the form of microfiche and does not fall within the data subject access provisions of the Data Protection Act.

As regards your mention of "manual intervention", the Data Protection Act does not oblige the Bank to comment about internal policies and procedures. Furthermore, in the context of managing day to day transactions arising from out of order accounts, the Bank does not hold the information you have requested in a form that would be covered by the Data Protection Act. Whilst aggregated information is retained for statistical purposes, this would not constitute "personal data" under the Data Protection Act and therefore would not be covered by a s.7 DPA subject access request. For the avoidance of doubt, the fact that we do not generally record information in a way that is caught by the provisions of the DPA, is in no way an admission that there was no such manual intervention.

Yours sincerely,

Peter Townsend

Manager, Barclays Data Protection

Lets hope Barclays have turned over a new leaf and continue to swiftly turnaround all future correspondance:rolleyes:

Is this response their bog standard fob off? I suspect it is. Is there anything in this letter that demands an immediate reply or should I await my statements and then send the prelim?

All assistance in this will be greatly appreciated.

Humpty.:cool:

Same fob off letter as me humpty.

Take a good look around the Barclays threads if you need reassurance.

Your statements will arrive shortly.

Dont panic, have a cup of tea :)

Barclays - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 19/10/06

Postal order returned and statements on way 26/10/06

Sending prelim for £1460 on 13/11/06

Reply to Prelim received on 15/11/06

Barclaycard - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 19/10/06

Short on statements, response sent 14/11/06

MBNA - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 19/10/06

Promised statements by 19/11/06

Statements received on 19/11/06 from march 2004. Sending polite letter on 20/11/06

I PLEDGE A MINIMUMN OF 5% OF SUCCESSFUL CLAIMS TO THE UPKEEP OF THIS SITE.

As Montedarlo mentions, it's all very "Barclays".

While you are waiting for your statements, you should read up on the FAQ's and Step by Step Instructions along with the longer threads in this forum.

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

Received statements (microfiche copies?)yesterday, dating back to December 1997 :o

Now hard at work trawling through them with highlighters at the ready :D to find out what they have ripped me off for.

Not long before the request, nay demand, for payment is on its way. :D

Will stay posted

humpty

Banks respect money. They merely wish YOUR MONEY to become THEIR MONEY, so that they may more perfectly respect it. (With apologies to G.K. Chesterton 1874-1936)

Oh, what a tangled web they weave,

When first they practice to deceive!

Sent off my prelim payment request and schedule on saturday & Barcalys would have received it by 1 o'clock today (registered deliv) so two weeks today I should have a response, so what then? another 14 days just to be nice eh, and then the fun starts!

Does anyone have any thoughts on compounded or contractual interest?

Would be interested to know what the general thinking is on this as I may consider applying it to some other claims I will be submitting when I have won this one.

humpty

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any thoughts on compounded or contractual interest?

Would be interested to know what the general thinking is on this as I may consider applying it to some other claims I will be submitting when I have won this one.

Hi Humpty,

Most people don't bother just go with the 8% interest that is worked out on the simple spreadsheet that is found in the library. I have put a link to it:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

The 8% interest is only added at the claim through court stage.

Hope this helps

Regards

Simmo

04 Nov 06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent

16 Nov 06 - Statements received - £2685.00 of illegal charges incurred

17 Nov 06 - PAR (Preliminary Approach for Repayment) letter sent

01 Dec 06 - Received Stalling letter from Barclays

02 Dec 06 - LBA (Letter Before Action) sent

18 Dec 06 - Claim filed with MCOL

20 Dec 06 - Settlement Rejection letter sent

03 Jan 07 - Claim acknowleged by Barclays

22 Jan 07 - Claim defended by Barclays

You wanna know how you do it? Here's how, they pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue!

Please click the scales at the bottom left if you find my advice useful. However, the advice I give is only my opinion based on my experience, I am not trained in Law!

• 1 month later...

Hi Humpty,

I think claiming contractual interest is something you should weigh up and decide on for yourself.

People are winning claims with contractual interest and the sums speak for themselves !

I was initially a little scared about claiming contractual interest but I spent hours ( days lol !) reading Bankfodders ' why is no-one claiming contractual interest' thread.sorry, dont know how to post the thread up !!

Why don't you have a browse , play around with your figures on a speady and caculate the return on 8% and then on your banks current unarranged borrowing rate (could even be as high as 29%)

I don't think you will be dissapointed humpty !:D

You really need to do this from pre-lim stage ,so if its already been sent you will need to retract it and redo the figures at the higher rate.

HTH .

Hope xx

You need to read this if you have ever consolidated lending through your bank,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/49648-loans-pay-off-overdrafts.html

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) LETTER SENT15/12/06 - STATEMENTS RCD 22/12/06

PRE-LIM AND SOC SENT 11/01/07

FULL CLAIM OF £4093.04 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INT :)

JUST WAITING FOR STANDARD BOG OFF LETTER...:rolleyes:

LETTER FROM STUART HIGLEY TODAY 20TH JAN THANKING ME FOR MY LETTER AND ADVISING ME THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING MY CLAIM.... YEAH, BET THEY ARE !!!:lol:

LBA SENT 29/01/07

**** G.W.G PAYMENT OFFER RECEIVED TODAY FOR £2160. THAT WILL DO NICELY AS PART PAYMENT MR HIGLEY !!!:D ****

Member of the official Bill-K appreciation thread cos he's just ape !! :D