Vodafone debt - PLEASE HELP!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3429 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening all,

I owe vodefone a three figure sum from an old account that was not closed properly.

I want to pay off the debt and have the money to do so.

There are a number of defaults against my name on my credit file in vodafones name.

I have been in touch with vodafone over the past few weeks trying to get in sorted

and keep coming up against the same brick wall.

Vodafone say I have to pay CCM Prime as the debt as been 'sold' to them,

once that has happen my defaults will be removed.

I have not been contacted by CCM at any point to say I owe them anything

nor does it say I have defaulted to them on my credit file.

I have also not contacted them.

I fear even more charges will be added from CCM.

I am in the process of getting my 1st home and didnt even know I have defaults against my name until checked.

As far as I can gather,

I dont have to pay CCM anything from what I have been reading on this forum and others. Is this correct?

I want to pay it off asap and dont want to pay extra charges!!

All help and advice welcome.

A

Hi and welcome to CAG

DO NOT listen to what VF say, the defaults will not be removed, just marked as settled which is just as bad as the original default stays.

As the debt has been sold, there is little VF will do but you can still raise a complaint to them.

We do have a rep here who 'may' be able to help, especially if the account wasn't closed properly.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-November-2014**&p=2343766&viewfull=1#post2343766

Send VF a SAR to get all the account info.

DO NOT ring anyone unless you have the facility to record the statements.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi and thanks for the welome :)

I dont have anything in writing from VF or CCM about what I owe. No breakdown of charges etc. I was out of the country when the account was closed and it was my fault it wasn't closed properly so hold my hands up to that. VF said they sent me two letters but I did not receive these because I was overseas. CCM have not been in touch once.

1st contact with VF using the live messenger and was told I had to contact CCM or make payment in full there and then. Funds N/A at the time. 2nd time I was told I could make payment in full to VF or call up every time I wanted to pay off parts of the debt because they wouldn't let me set up a DD. 3rd time (tonight, able to pay off in full) I was told I would have to contact CCM and can not make payment to vodafone at all.

I'm being told two different things?! I just want it paying off. I don't to contact CCM in case they add on more charges.

The defaults are in VF's name. Do I legally have to pay CCM?

Thanks for your help :)

A

As the defaults are in VF's name, they still own the account. If CCM have bought the debt, they should have replaced the default name (VF) with their own so you would need clarification.

Before paying anything, you want a full breakdown of all termination charges and admin fees. One of the admin fees VF use is when they pass the debt on to a debt collector. This amount is 15% or £100 whichever is the lowest. This fee is unlawful as it does not reflect the actual costs involved.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Getting defaults removed is notoriously difficult.

It all depends on what you did (or didn't do) when closing the account and what VF did next.

Why is it the account was not closed properly?