DLA and the Council

mikeymack2002
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was recently checking SCOOP and saw this this story which can be read here in full

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Hundreds-express-anger-Plymouth-council-s/story-25831599-detail/story.html

How much more will claimant's suffer especially those on DLA (Disability Living Allowance) and the care they may receive from their Council

Scoop is here

http://www.scoop.it/t/lacef-news

How many more Councils will follow suit?

Your thoughts please?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

My first thought is that this penalises those that are most disabled or live alone - those that are moderately disabled or have a partner (or family member) who can provide care end up better off financially than those with more severe disabilities and/or less or no family support. Therefore strikes me as rather unfair.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

We will never have a fair system. But 70% is a huge amount of money. What happens if you need to save up for something related to your disability? There's also the issue of whether the council decide whether something is disability related too.

when providing care, the client has an income assessment to assess their contribution. DLA did not used to be counted as income, now 70% of the care component received will be taken into account by this council.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

• 2 months later...

Again this is appalling for a service provider to fail to inform a service user of the full contract and its costs. Therefore in contract law has a contract actually been agreed?

I would argue a defence to paying as not being fully informed of the costs and what is expected of me as a service user the fees I would have to pay. The service provider needs to give the user a full breakdown of charges, then if the user does not understand fully the provider will/must explain these with an appropriate adult of the user if necessary.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.