• Tweets

• ACPOA PCN 190424.pdf   1 Date of the infringement 30/3/24   2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 19/4/24   [scan up BOTH SIDES as ONE PDF- follow the upload guide] please LEAVE IN LOCATION AND ALL DATES/TIMES/£'s   3 Date received 23/4/24   4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [Y/N?] No   5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? No   6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] N   Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up Give answer here   7 Who is the parking company? APCOA   8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Ludlow Tesco 2856   For either option, does it say which appeals body they operate under. No  
    • So not entirely down to the ticket office, then. In fact you have been quite fortunate. The "Section 172" response provides the evidence the police need to prove that you were driving if they wish to prosecute you in court. In England and Wales there is a legal precedent which has determined that an unsigned s172 response does not meet the requirements of that part of the RTA. In effect, an unsigned response is equivalent to no response at all. (This precedent is not recognised in Scotland and there is a strategy to "go unsigned" to avoid conviction). When they receive an unsigned response the police are perfectly entitled to prosecute you for "Failing to provide drivers details" and they more often than not do. This offence carries six points, a hefty fine and insurance grief for up to five years. So you got lucky. The situation now is that the deadline for accepting a course is passed. Four months is the absolute maximum, with some forces cutting it back to as little as three months from the date of the offence. The police will not extend this because if you fail to complete the course before six months has elapsed, they can no longer prosecute you. They can only begin proceedings up to the corresponding date in June (i.e. if the offence was December 10th, they have until June 10th the begin proceedings). You will gain nothing by taking this to court. On the contrary you have a lot to lose. Courses are offered entirely at the discretion of the police, you have no right to one and the court has no powers to order one. Presumably you have been offered a fixed penalty of £100 and 3 points. If you are sentenced in court it will cost you at least three times that, possibly more (depending on your speed and your income). My advice: accept the fixed penalty and do it soon as there is a deadline for that as well and if you allow it to pass your matter will be taken to court anyway.
    • put them all in one mass pdf please  read upload use the websites listed. dx
    • Hi all, I have an update: I have received the documents from the SAR, including photos. It appears that I was parked in a bay with a sign that requires a permit, however the pole that it is on does appear to be behind the barrier - see photo. Also, they documented that they DID NOT apply the PCN to my car because of safety concerns and I DID NOT receive the initial £60 PCN by post- see attached.CamScanner 05-10-2024 15.06.pdf appreciate nay feedback/ advice, current PCN fee stands at £100. CamScanner 05-10-2024 15.03.pdf CamScanner 05-10-2024 15.08.pdf CamScanner 05-10-2024 15.06.pdf
    • They said hi is this (name) I said no and they asked if he’s there tell him to contact us in regards to Sainsbury’s  I said ok bye
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lowell/Carter claimform - old Cat 'debt'

wilmaflint
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3434 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I am hoping someone can help me.

I have received a court claim form from Lowell today regarding an alleged debt to a catalogue company of £1300 (amount claimed is £1500).

There has been no payment made on this account since 2007 and the default date was April 2010.

I believe (but need to locate the paperwork) that I requested a copy of the CCA several years ago and received an unsigned copy of some terms and conditions.

Which route should I take with this? Surely this debt should be statute barred?

I am very clueless as I have never had any court paperwork before.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Hello and welcome to CAG.

Please have a read of this stikky and tell us the answers to the questions in it. This will help the guys to advise you; they should be along later.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-December-2014**%281-Viewing%29-nbsp

If you're in Scotland, you'll need a different stikky.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Name of the Claimant ? Lowell Portfolio

Date of issue – 11th Dec 2014

To acknowledge by 30th Dec 2014. 29th by me - dx

Submit defence by 12th Jan 2015. - correct - dx

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim?

Please type out their particulars of claim (verbatim) less any identifiable data and round the amounts up/down.

"This claim is for £1300,

the amount due under an agreement between the original creditor

and the defendant to provide finance and/or services and/or goods.

This debt was assigned to/purchased by Lowell on 1/5/14 and

notice serviced pursuant to the law of property act 1925.

The claimant also claims statutory interest pursuant to S.69 of the county act 1984

at a rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment of the agreement to date

but limited to a maximum of one year and a maximum of 1000 amounting to 60.00."

What is the value of the claim? £1500 after court/solicitor fees

Is the claim for a current or credit/loan account or mobile phone account? It's for a catalogue credit account.

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? Before - 2004

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor

or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Debt collector - Lowell

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment?

I know they were now sending letters about the amount but not sure if I received an official notice.

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor?

No - I knew it was defaulted when I checked credit report.

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? No idea

Why did you cease payments? Could not afford debts, worked part time and lost job, on benefits, single parent etc.

What was the date of your last payment?

According to Equifax, May 09. But my normal payments stopped in Jan 2007.

Credit report shows that there was one payment made in 2009. I believe this was a small payment made via a DMP with CCCS

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved?

I requested a CCA and did not receive a signed copy HOWEVER I did not follow this up.

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor

and make any attempt to enter into a debt managementicon plan?

Not with them directly but I did enter into a DMP with CCCS for a short time

and made one payment so I think they might have had a letter from them.

Edited by wilmaflint
Adding info

Hi, me again. Just found the response letter in relation to my CCA request back in 2010. It says:

"We refer to a recent request for a copy of your agreement.

Unfortunately we are unable to locate a copy of an executed agreement, but for your information we enclose a copy of the current agreement which applied to this type of account. This version includes all contractual variations which have taken place.

According to our records, the account was opened on xx/04/2006 you agreed to make payments every 28 days.

The outstanding balance is £1300 our records show that £0.00 has been paid within the last 12 months."

I was sure the account was opened in April 2004 and my 2010 copy of a credit report backs this up.

who's the sols please cater or BW?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

usual game them...

ack the claim defend all

CPR & CCA request to LOWELL

as carter will buff you off.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok thanks, I have about 50 tabs open at the min trying to get my head around all of this.

I don't yet know what a CPR is but do I still need to send a CCA request to Lowell given I have admittance from Shop Direct that they don't have an executed agreement? If I do still send, do I acknowledge the first request?

Also are these requests and responses likely to take me over the deadline and if so how would I go about getting an extension for the defence?

Do I need to send anything to Carter at this point?

Thanks so much

ignore carter follow post 8

CPR 31:14 is in the legal section of the library tab top left.

CCA request to LOWELLS is a MUST

they NEED to have the signed agreement to be able to proceed with the claim.

stuff asking for any extension

they should not be issuing a claim without the docs

hoping for an uncontested default judgement.

have you ack'd the claim yet

and they