Talk Talk - Broken samsung tablet - told to go after Samsung - refused

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3470 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm hoping someone on here can give me advice on

what I should do next regarding my broken samsung tab3.

I received the tablet free from talk talk when I took out a mobile contract with them in September,

about 4 weeks ago it wouldn't charge and when

I took the charger out of the tablet a small piece of flat metal fell out.

I contacted talk talk who said it was down to samsung to repair and put me through to the Samsung repair department.

I sent the tablet to Samsung repair and received an email a few days ago stating the damage wasn't coverd by the warranty

and it would cost £93 to get it repaired,

I phoned them up to query this and was told something must have been pushed into the socket to damage it,

I explained the only thing I had put in the socket was the supplied charger.

I was then told to contact samsungs customer services and explain it to them to see if they could help,

the person at customer services was less then helpful and just kept saying they stand by their engineers report.

When I asked to either escalate the problem or to complain all I was given was the head office address.

What I would like to know is what do I do next?

Contact talk talk or Samsung again?

Hi bloodline67

Write to TalkTalk, explain what's happened, explain that it's their responsibility to resolve the matter. Tell them what Samsung has said.

Before you write, do some google searches to find out if there's an 'inherent fault' with the product. That would help your case. Print out the complaints if and when you find them. Send them to TalkTalk.

Send it Recorded Delivery.

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/consumer_common_problems_with_products_e/faulty_goods_e/faulty_goods.htm

Keep us updated.

This is definitely talk talk's responsibility. They are the supplier. Even if it is a free gift.

You are covered by the Sale of Goods Act. Don't be diverted to Samsung.

Your only problem will be convincing people that the damage wasn't caused by you.

However, you have had it so recently I think that you should insist on a replacement. Put it all in writing. However, you will probably only manage to get your replacement if you are prepared to threaten and then to bring a County Court claim.

This is a bit of a coincidence because I'm fairly certain that in the last two or three weeks we had another case involving talk talk in which they tried to say that an item was a free gift and therefore not covered by the warranty. Maybe it wasn't talk talk, I'm not too sure