style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3439 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I had an outstanding parking fine from a local council.The Bristow and sutor visited my old address(where my mother still lives)and despite being told I no longer lived there threatened to call back and remove goods.

They left a contact number and I refused to give them my new address,this was simply due to their attitude,i told them I am in receipt of dla and esa yet they demanded full payment or they would return to my mothers and remove goods without further notice.

I eventually asked to speak to a manager who wanted £20 weekly..i made a couple of payment but it was impossible to keep up with as I was taken into hospital and my benefits were stopped.

Then my mother was given a letter by neighbours,it was a letter from Bristow and sutor given to her neighbours asking for details of my address and whereabouts-even though my mother explained I did not live there.

I have now had a letter to my address-demanding the following:

debt-£112

compliance stage fee-£33

total sum outstanding-£380

I have phoned for a breakdown of fees,this was refused,i've tried to explain my circumstances and was told they were not interested and I must pay the full amount within 7 days.

I also have the message that all my goods are bound and I cannot sell or dispose of them.

The baliffs have never been in my house,i will not open any doors to them and I have a blue badge displayed in my car(which is parked away from my house)

Any advice welcome please how to deal with these rude ignorant idiots...

Martin was there a reason you did not pay the ticket before it got to the bailiff stage or not attempt to arrange a realistic repayment to the Council at an early stage.

Was the ticket justified or did you have a reason to dispute it?

Did you receive several letters from the Council relating to the parking ticket escalating the costs before advising you that the bailiffs would be used to collect the

outstanding amount?

There is another matter which is of concern and that is the Bailiffs contacting your Mother's neighbours about you. You appear to be saying that Bristol and Suter have written asking people in the neighbourhood if they know where you live-is that correct and do you still have that letter?

Yes she still has the letter,it says we are trying to contact the above named and any information can be given on the above telephone number.

I wrote to Tameside council explaining my circumstances but was told there was nothing they could do.

If I recall correctly I was parked outside the lines on a disabled bay,i have a blue badge.

I accept responsibility for the offence but I am livid regarding my mothers treatment and their refusual to listen,i was polite but told if I was not paying by card there and then the call would be terminated..it took me 3 times to speak to a so called manager...

Yes she still has the letter,it says we are trying to contact the above named and any information can be given on the above telephone number.

I wrote to Tameside council explaining my circumstances but was told there was nothing they could do.

If I recall correctly I was parked outside the lines on a disabled bay,i have a blue badge.

I accept responsibility for the offence but I am livid regarding my mothers treatment and their refusual to listen,i was polite but told if I was not paying by card there and then the call would be terminated..it took me 3 times to speak to a so called manager...

A big 'moving' day today so trying to answer this from my mbile. Forget for a moment about the letter that you mother has received. What is important for the time being is thatt as you have a vehicle that has a blue badge then the vehicle is exempt from being taken into control.

Also, as you are receiving DLA and ESA there can be no doubt that your are regarded as 'vulnerable' and the account should therefore be taken back to the office to agree a payment proposal. In almost all such cases as yours if an enforcement fee of £235 has been added then this will also be removed. It normally always is.

I should have a few minutes spare in the morrning so will post back with advice on what you need to do.

• 1 month later...

Hello all

I had a man at the door this morning from bristows...I didn't answer but talked to him.I restated that I am classed as a vunerable person/disabled and also the stress of this is making me ill again-I have had 2 transplants.

I have also missed vital transplant clinic appointments as I am worried about them gaining entry to my home.

I had a letter put through the door stating he will be back 12.30pm Monday to remove goods...I have phoned up and been told there will be a locksmith in attendance with the police on Monday to remove my goods.

Please can anybody advise where to go from here.....thank you.

Hi coughdrop

thanks for the above,i have phoned and spoke to a lady who said this has gone to far.I was on a payment plan but simply could not afford £20 every week.

They say I have broken the plan and no more offers,full payment via card/cash or a locksmith will be here Monday with the police.

I am sat here with no heating(I had to make a choice between gas or electric and I am not even having my proper diet(I have to be careful what I eat)I simply do not have any spare money.

I'm not even using my car as I cannot afford to run it,i have a blue badge displayed at all times.

I hope to return to work in early new year when I am a bit better and would willingly make payment then but as stated there seems to be no alternative but to let them take what little of value they can find...

This account needs to be taken back to B & S asap. I will get a message to the site team for somebody to contact you with the appropriate contact details. Please do not worry.

An additional point is that the correct route should be for you to fie an Out of Time witness statement given that all notices seem to have gone to your previous address. Did you update your records at DVLA?

Please be assured that your car is exempt. Furthermore there is NO RIGHT for you to allow a bailiff into your home and in your case, you must NOT even consider allowing the bailiff in.

Please do not speak with the company and all communication should be in writing.