I filled out a JSA28 - JSA rufused to accept it - due to sign on tomorrow

PaddyDuffy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3467 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I need some urgent advise on this please.

I filled out a JSA28 form for self cert sickness for JSA , a friend went in today to hand it in & it was refused.

My signing on day is tomorrow but i became unfit to sign on on the 23/10/2014 & signed it for the full 14 days allowance, making my return date the 5/11/2014 .

The JC advisor has returned the form to my friend & given me a number for the Belfast delivery center 0345-608-8545 & told him i need to deal with it through them. My friend asked for a receipt when initially handing the form in & was told they don`t issue receipts or proof of handing in.

My question is, i am due to sign on tomorrow but suffering with sciatica & have followed the system of self certification, i would like to know if i will be paid & what if anything can i do .

First of all I have never heard of not being allowed someone else to hand this in for you

- if it is signed correctly and in good order there should be no problem at all,

my Mother took mine in when I used a JSA28 - this brings me on to not getting a receipt.

Whilst they may not issue receipts asking for a signed confirmation should not cause JCP any problems.

I specifically asked my Mother who handed mine in to do this and it was signed and dated with the words "JSA28

for Mr xxxx received on xx/xx/xxxx at xxxx" I also had a copy for my records.

If you physically cannot get to the JCP to hand this in as you are unwell enough to do so

(you are allowed to be ill even on JSA as much as they probably don't think you should be)

I would have sent it special delivery next day so in before the signing day.

Saying that, it is in your best interests (to avoid sanction) to call your advisor tomorrow at 9.00am

to explain the situation and that the JSA28 is en route to him/her.

He/she should then be able to sign you remotely with you not being there

i.e. he/she pushes the payment button without you being in attendance.

Getting you to call your central office will solve nothing

- you already have the JSA28, no need for them to be involved if you have this

and have made a concious effort to get this to them

- they are putting obstacles in the way.

Hope it goes OK.

• Confused 1

Thanks ,

He refused to take the form, although according to my friend he was very quick to make notes on the PC.

I have followed the procedure to the letter & checked & double checked the information given on the form was correct, it was is.

Everything is correct & it is still not enough, i did`t think the number for Belfast was of any use.

He [ JCA] said i should bring the form to the JC when i`m fit to return on the 5th Nov,

by that time my claim will be closed for non attendance, i won`t have been paid any benifits & i will be in a right mess .

Complete shambles these people.

I will be looking into making an official complaint over this as i think this is disgusting.

Thanks for your help

Suggestion: Phone the Belfast BDC on the number given, ask to speak to a line manager if one is available, and tell him/her what has happened. Get a photocopy of the JSA28 for your own records and then post the original off - The manager should be able to tell you what address to use, and it may even be a freepost PO Box.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Hopefully a bit of common sense & a successful outcome, just got off the phone.

I took essexmat`s advice , rang my advisor direct & he was great. He has told me he will authorise my payments as normal. He could not understand why the JSA28 form was returned , it should of been a simple process & has made a new appointment for 2 weeks time . I don`t need to inconvenience my friend with taking the form in again either, the notes that the original JCA added to the system have actually done me a favour as he proved he was wrong in his actions on the process.

Fingers crossed & all that.

Paddy

Did everything go ok with ur payment Paddy? :) Well done EssexMat for ur advice, CAG proves to be a life line to some people, let it continue ;)

RLP are a con PLEASE DON'T PAY THEM TO DO MORE! IGNORE ALL LETTERS AND CALLS! :)

Hi ,

Yes i did receive my payment, he was true to his word .

Got another question , i have just received an Atos form to fill in , it states i should return it with my sick note. I am not sure what to do , i applied over the phone for ESA & my doctor has signed me off . I am sure that the guy [ ESA ] said he would send out a form & to return it with the sick note, i can`t send 2 notes to ESA & Atos. Atos are quick off the mark , i was only signed off last Wednesday .

When I applied for ESA I got it within 5 days and with my award letter came the ATOS form to fill in. All I done was attach all my medical notes and hospital letters (COPIES) to the form. This was 5 months ago now and I sent it recorded and have it filed that it has been received and signed for so I am just playing the waiting game now. I know I will get ZERO points so as soon as I have my ATOS assessment I guess I will be back on JSA - then sign off again and back to ESA when I have my surgery, such a supid system, they know I am waiting for a date for surgery yet if I have ATOS (unlikely I know) before say Jan/Feb 2015 I have to change benefit claims over and over!