Missed Connection caused by delayed flight - can I claim for the hotel night I missed?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3492 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I wonder if you can help me with a query, I was flying to Rome with Brussels airlines from Birmingham via Brussels, we had 35 minutes to change planes in Brussels.

When we got to Birmingham, they told us the flight was delayed for 25 minutes and to not worry, if we miss the connection, they will put us up for the night and fly us out first thing the next day.

Eventually, the flight took off almost an hour late, so, we definitely missed the connection meaning they put us up in a hotel for the night at the airport.

My question is that as I had a hotel booked in Rome and still had to pay for the night that I didn't use it as it was too late to cancel, can I claim this back off the airline.

I also had a taxi booked from Rome Airport, luckily that company were very helpful and managed to reschedule to collect me the next day, which is more than Brussels airlines did, I asked them to arrange me a taxi for the next day from Rome to my hotel, they point blank refused!

Thanks in advance

BG

Hi All

I wonder if you can help me with a query, I was flying to Rome with Brussels airlines from Birmingham via Brussels, we had 35 minutes to change planes in Brussels.

When we got to Birmingham, they told us the flight was delayed for 25 minutes and to not worry, if we miss the connection, they will put us up for the night and fly us out first thing the next day.

Eventually, the flight took off almost an hour late, so, we definitely missed the connection meaning they put us up in a hotel for the night at the airport.

My question is that as I had a hotel booked in Rome and still had to pay for the night that I didn't use it as it was too late to cancel, can I claim this back off the airline.

I also had a taxi booked from Rome Airport, luckily that company were very helpful and managed to reschedule to collect me the next day, which is more than Brussels airlines did, I asked them to arrange me a taxi for the next day from Rome to my hotel, they point blank refused!

Thanks in advance

BG

If you had to pay for the same night both at Rome and Brussels, you can reclaim one.

If they paid for your night in Brussels, then you paid only once (Rome), and stayed one night, even though it wasn't at your original city.

You then couldn't claim for the Rome hotel charge.

If you had to pay for the same night both at Rome and Brussels, you can reclaim one.

If they paid for your night in Brussels, then you paid only once (Rome), and stayed one night, even though it wasn't at your original city.

You then couldn't claim for the Rome hotel charge.

To be clear, Regulation 261/04 entitles you to a refund of the accommodation costs incurred by the delay only (ie the enforced overnight stay in Brussels). Other "consequential losses", such as booked accommodation etc, cannot be reclaimed from the airline. You would need to claim this from your insurance policy.