Cabot CCA return for old Sky Card - help

mrsimmo189
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just checked sky card application and its says date of signature 4/8/07 so I suppose i am now scuppered

So sorry about that, thank you for correcting for me.

I originally sent them a SAR which sould have gone to the OC which I later did

and have received documents detailing my acount from Barclay card

I think I have just got myself in a pickle and maybe sent a CCA to them again as I have been receiving letters from Cabot saying to contact Cabot to arrange payments.

This is all since I left the DMP I had been with since 2008

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Slik132

Checked my CRA and the start date of the sky card says 13/08/07 so that obviously means I now have to go back to Cabot with my head held in shame and try and arrange some form of payment.

:-(

poss not.

have you sent cabot a CCA request to date?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi DX it appears I have the information from them back in October 2014 letter provided to show me so should i now request an up to date? or now do I have to put the ball in their court any advice would be appreciated

BC sent you a poor copy of your signed credit card application form (per post #1).

Did BC also supply copy statements or details of all penalty charges added to the a/c. If not, do you have old statements to see what you paid in penalties over the years. This can be reclaimed from BC.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi

They sent a copy it had all details with a filled in application form when I applied for a SAR they sent loads of documents details of account etc the copy of the application does have my signature and is dated the 4/8/07.

Barclay card sent me a cheque more recently and when I wanted a break down it was sent through with interest etc this was for some PPI mis sold it also detailed 30/09/14 section 78 requested recent visa debt sale 24/9/14 Cabot - sold

So as I say does this mean that I still have to comply with Cabot?

Hi, I was thinking about penalty charges, not PPI.

Have you looked through the statement data for penalty charges which can reclaimed in full, maybe plus compound interest, to reduce the balance.

You don't "have to comply with Cabot". However, if they have a right to collect and the right documents, reaching an arrangement may mean you can avoid them taking court action.

You need to complete an up to date Budget Planner and see what disposable income you have to offer ALL creditors on a pro-rata basis.

Or you can continue to deny the debt and/or reclaim charges.

The only time you HAVE to comply is if court action against you succeeds. Until then, you don't have to do anything you don't want to.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 2 weeks later...

old and new threads merged yet again.

can you please refrain from starting a new thread about a debt you already have one running on

it really makes a mockery of everyone that has helped you

as all we do is waste our time repeating stuff that's already been advised.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well you've done it 4 times now and we keep revisiting the same question

no bother

if you click your username on the left

it give you a link to your thread there

now the SAR to BC

whats the score?

did all the statements ever turn up?

and they