Cabot/Mortimer claim form - citi 'debt'

connect4
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3471 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

Received claim form from Northampton CC Claimant being Cabot and solicitors are Mortimer Clarke

Date of issue – . 16/9/14

I have AOS the claim.

I have sent a CCA request to Cabot and

they have replied with a similar letter as others have stated on here

ie; they do not have the information on file and anticipate it will take 40 days.

i sent CPR 31.14 request to Mortimer Clarke and

they sent a letter stating they are taking their clients instructions in relation to my request

and that they also agree to the extension of 28 days for me to file defence.

Here is the POC

By an agreement between Citifinancial("CFE") and the defendant on or around **/**/**** date

("the agreement") CFE agreed to issue the Defendant with a credit card upon the terms and conditions set out therein.

In breach of the agreement the defendant failed to make the minimum payments due and the agreement was terminated.

The agreement was assigned to the claimant on **/**/2010

The claimant therefore claims ( a figure over £10k)

Having read through a few threads similar should i use the same type of defence as i need to submit a defence in 4 days

Thank you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

we will need to know when you took out this credit card. very rare that citi/cabot are able to produce a reply that complies with s78(1)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Thank you for your reply the old rouge,

I have put answers to the questions you have requested

Date of issue – . 16/9/14

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? POC

By an agreement between Citifinancial("CFE") and the defendant on or around **/**/2002 ("the agreement")

CFE agreed to issue the Defendant with a credit card upon the terms and conditions set out therein.

In breach of the agreement the defendant failed to make the minimum payments due and the agreement was terminated.

The agreement was assigned to the claimant on **/**/2010

The claimant therefore claims 22k

What is the value of the claim? £22k

Is the claim for a current or credit/loan account or mobile phone account? Credit card

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007? 2002

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Assigned to Cabot

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? No

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? No

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? No

Why did you cease payments:- 2009

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt managementlink3.gif plan? No

£22k!!

this will be fast tracked then.

luckily they have no chance in getting a complaint CCA/the right T&C I bet.

you are not alone

there are numerous CITI claims by cabot here.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for reply dx. I have looked at some threads to make a defence and I think this maybe ok for me, could you give me an opinion as a defence to the claim, wether i need to add or delete anything.

Regards

Defence

1.The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic innature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific responsehas not been made.

2. Paragraph 1 is noted. I have no knowledge of any agreement between myselfand Citi financial regarding the credit card

3.Paragraph 2 is denied. I have never held an agreement with Citi financial toenable any breach let alone withhold any payments.

4. Paragraph 3 is denied I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice ofAssignment.

5. It is therefore denied with regards to the Defendant owing any monies to theClaimant, the Claimant has failed to provide any evidence ofassignment/balance/breach requested by CPR 31. 14, therefore the Claimant isput to strict proof to:

(a) show how the Defendant has entered into an agreement with the Claimant; and

(b) show how the Defendant has reached the amount claimed for; and

© show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equityto issue a claim;

6.As per Rule 16.5(4), it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegationthat the money is owed.

7. On the alternative, if the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is deniedthat the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the Act 1974.

8 .By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that theClaimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

2/3 no..

you did have a citicard, you cannot deny you ever had 'a' card nor 'an' agreement.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you for your reply dx. If i delete paragraph's 2 and 3 and edit paragraph 4 to read "I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice ofAssignment."

would the defence suffice? Or is there anything else I could add?

Regards

you need to look at recent threads here

just adapt those to you POC

however, you have a good few weeks yet.

and they

Thank you for your reply dx. If i delete paragraph's 2 and 3 and edit paragraph 4 to read "I am unaware of any legal assignment or Notice ofAssignment."

would the defence suffice? Or is there anything else I could add?

Regards

There wouldn't really be much of a defence left...you need to adapt it to suit your particulars.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Then dont leave them out re draft them to suit your 2 & 3 of your particulars

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 1 month later...

Hi Andy, Dx100, the old rouge.

I sent my defence in to Northampton CC

they duly replied with a letter confirming receipt of defence

and that a copy would be forwarded to the solicitor of Cabot.

The letter also states unless the claimant informs the court he wishes to proceed

within 28 days of receipt of my defence the claim will be stayed.

On Saturday I received documents from Cabot which includes reconstituted true copy

of credit agreement, statement of account and terms and conditions.

They claim that this satisfies the obligations set out in section 77-78 of the consumer credit act 1974

and as they have now complied with my request for information

they are now able to enforce the credit agreement which i signed

and entered into (on all paperwork they sent there is no copy with my signature on )

Enforcement would mean obtaining a CCJ

however they would prefer to work with me and set up a payment plan to settle the outstanding balance.

I would like to ask how to respond to the above?

They have not provided a copy of the signed agreement,

how would this affect them applying for a CCJ?

The 28 days from the solicitor receiving my defence would be up about now,

I have not contacted the court yet to see if they have informed the court they wish to proceed.

Any comments help would be appreciated

Regards

connect4

as this was a 2002 take out

a recon is no good.

and if you scratch lightly you'll prob find the address

on what you have is not the correct one for where you were at the time of taking out the card

and

I bet the T&C's are not from 2002 either

dx

and they

Thank you for your reply dx.

I think the T&C's maybe from 2008 going on one of the citi documents.

There is also an original CCA and a current CCA.

If the reconstituted true copy of credit agreement is of no use to them

are they hoping i will call to set up some payment plan?

I am right in thinking they wouldn't have the correct documents to proceed with the claim?

Regards

connect4

2 CCA's?

have they send the signed one from 2002?

and the T&C's from 2002

if not they are stuffed

dx

and they

They have sent copies of 2 CCA's from citi, one 2002 they call the original and one they call the current from 2008. There are no copies of a signed one at all, on all they have sent there is nothing signed by me or copies signed by me.

Regards

connect4

Hi Dx. What would you say my next move is? Cabot have given me 14 days to reply to them to make some agreement for a payment plan. I assume that if they have no signed agreement or copy of agreement they will not be replying back to court within the 28 days and the claim will become stayed. Any comments would be appreciated

Regards

connect4

You have answered your own question connect:-)

Little point really connect ...if they do/have you would have received a Directions Questionnaire by now.The claim is stayed.