Possibly underpaid?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3484 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I worked for this company between 28 July this year to 13 August. It was a telephone research company and I wasn't great at it so they hastily sacked me on the day of 13 August (that's the whole truth and I was not guilty of any misconduct or any lies during application or interviews, this is unfortunately the modern economy). I was told to leave on the day and would be paid for the week's notice as provided in the contract of employment. At the end of August I got a payslip saying the pay for my time there was £1050 gross.

Now the job was £21,000 p.a. Doing a rough calculation, there are 253 working days in 2014, so daily pay should be roughly £83. That times by the 12 working days I was there + 5 working days for notice period should be £1411 and not £1050. Was I underpaid or is there some leeway in how companies can calculate monthly pay?

Now as background info in the employment contract they said their annual leave is caculated from 1 November from one year to the next and they can deduct days over Christmas/New Year from annual leave allowance, would this have played into their calculation for my salary?

Your take home pay would be £331 net per week, or £1,436 net per month.

Your average daily pay, assuming you worked full time, would be £66.20 net.

12 x £66.20 = £794.40 + £331 = £1,125.40 (net).

(But didn't you work 13 days?)

Anyway, assuming the above is correct, you should have received £1,191.60 in net wages and £66.20 in accrued holiday pay... Assuming you didn't take any holiday, as if you did, that would be deducted.

... But that's only a rough calculation and maths is certainly not my strong point!