lloydstsb overdrafts charges reclaiming.

hesanmp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

depends upon when the bank called the debt in.

limitations act obviously

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

just putting together my spreadsheet for lloydstsb bank charges. each month i was hit with overdraft excess fees, unpaid dd's & so's. on top of this was of course o/d interest. i take it when the o/d interest was calculated it was also on the fees? is there any simple way of calculating the interest on the charges, so i can claim that back?

cheers

Put the charges into the Compound Interest spreadsheet to get a value that you would use for the interest on them.

However, this being a current account makes it very difficult to get the charges back.

On what basis are you attempting to reclaim these charges? BCOBS?

During what date periods were these charges incurred?

Ok I am going to see if I can some more opinion for you.

You do realise that this was a low level County Court judgement and not binding on other courts? It may however be seen as persuasive to a judge in another court but that is the lottery part.

Provided that the claim is for less than 10k (and hence small claims)

and provided that you are prepared to put a fair bit of work into this

and provided that you seek help with drafting your court documents to ensure they are legally sound (in order to avoid the bank trying to claim their legal costs by arguign that you acted unreasonably or that your claim was hopeless)

I say go for it!!!!

I believe the recent Taunton county court case is being appealed. The outcome of that should be known later this year. If you want to be careful it could be worth waiting for the outcome of that.

If you intend to go through with this whatever the result of that appeal, there is some merit in just going ahead and filing now anyway. There are no guarantees about whether the Taunton CC judgment will stand - my personal view is that there is a decent chance of it getting overturned in favour of the banks (although I hope this doesn't happen).

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

I believe the recent Taunton county court case is being appealed. .

thought that wld happen.

the cty cts view was though perhaps something that the supreme court (oft case) hinted at. imo. time will tell.

that is my understanding, have a read of the daily mail article regarding the case...

have read it.

you said it was the claimant that appealed!

i'm confused as i just read this from his article!!

The judge initially said the ruling only applied to the claimant, but Mr Foster-Burnell has been back to court to ask if the rule could be applied to all bank customers – a decision is expected later this year.

He added: “There could be 12.6million people impacted if the case becomes a legal precedent – the floodgates could open.

“Many people would just have accepted the charges and done nothing about it.

“It wasn’t about the money – it was the principle.”

cheers steampower. i have calculated the charges and interest and it comes to over 12k, i used 8% for the interest calc. should i round down the interest to bring it under 10k?

Can you clarify which interest you are referring to please. If the claim is under £10k before adding on 8% section 69 interest then it is still classed as under £10k. If you mean the interest that you've paid out on the charges takimh it over £10k then it would be fast track and you would be liable for costs if you lose. Also if you are talking about section 69 interest awarded at the court's discretion, then you can't claim that until you actually put in a court claim.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.