E ON faulty meter and estimated bill for last two year

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in trouble due to EON billing system . I am private tenant and since last two year having services from EON as economy 7 plan .Since i moved in this property i always had estimated bill i paid for one year but bills keep on increasing every time so i report them to take meter reading . But no one from EON arrived for 6 months . After 6 months of followup via mail and phone one representative came for inspection and found that meter is faulty .Therafter took another 7 months to replace this meter ( three times engineer gave appointment and not turned up). Now they replace meter and based on last one month reading they send me estimated bill of £ 2250 for year . When i called customer service they said they use some software to calculate this bill and i have to pay this amount .

This is really put me in financial trouble now.:|

if anyone have any idea how i can resolve this please please please let me know .

Ask them for a full explanation of what was wrong, how they calculated this amount and whether that includes amounts already paid.

Approximately how much have you paid over the last 2 years?

Do you use electricity for heating & water heating?

Hi , Thank you for reply .

i paid around £1200 together last year . As you suggested to ask them explanation about billing they send below response

"The bill we sent you on 22 jan 2014 for £1770 was more than you expected. i am sorry for this high bill . on 27 feb 2014 you registered a complaint with us about it.

the bill was higher than normal because we hadnot send you bill since 26 june 2013 so it cover longer time . also on past we hadnot used all the actual meter reading we had received. this means on some of this bills we had sent before , we had under estimated amount of electicity used .

i am sorry for these errors and for any inconvenience caused . because of these errors ,under the term of our billing code , we have withdrawn £419.00 from your bill. i have also withdrawn £88.0 for where we have let you down with changing your meter.

we recently reviewed your account as the operating times of your old economy 7 meter were not right . we dont belive that the timing fault with old meter affected your bills through , so we are not planning on making any changes as result of this.

i have offered you to withdraw another £35.00 for poor service and to cover the cost of any phone calls you have made to us ."

now my billing is night and day charges different so i always use night time for boiler or washing cloths in fact shower cooking in morning before 8 am because i start my job 8 am so finish these things in night charging times to aviod excess billing . Now old meter was with 8 hours behind than actual time when i reported when they replace after 6 months that time 9 hours. means meter was not reading according night and day paln . so my practice of saving money by using night electricity not worked .

on the top my wife was out of country for 1 year 3 months . i stay with one friend who also full time working .

we have only electricity for boiler and heating .no gas supply .

2 heaters are storage heater we use only one during winter .

now i dont understand if they accept they in fault with meter timing , billing system , poor services still they dont want consider amendments to bill considering only half facts and now forcing to pay for their own errors .

please let me know how i can resolve this .

once again thank you for your time .

Hi neel,

You said you’ve got an all electric property with an economy 7 meter.

Not sure if you know when your night rate starts, if you don’t I can give you the correct times.

Storage heaters charge up during the cheaper off peak times and then gradually release heat throughout the day. Also all electric used during this period is charged at the off peak rate. Best to use as much of the electricity you need during this period.

I know this isn't a particularly sociable period but if you can use things like timers on high load appliances such as dishwashers, tumble dryers, washing machines etc, it'll save you a bit.

There's some good tips on our website that might also help save you money by saving electricity. Have a look at the Saving Energy Toolkit. In particular, the stuff about energy sucking vampires. The quiz is a bit of fun, too, and might give you some more money saving ideas.

Looks like we’ve sorted your bill out and added billing code that removed some charges.

If you’re struggling to pay the balance in one go, we can spread the balance for you, have you spoken to us about this?

You posted a copy of the email a colleague sent you, I find this very poorly written and

I’m sorry about that. I would like to feed this back to their manager.

Please could you send me a PM with your account number or address, so I can feed this back.

I hope this helps and if you need anything else just let me know.

Thanks

Amy:roll: