style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3500 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If I speak with the council tomorrow I have seen on other threads that you can demand a meeting with someone from council tax collections to sort this out but not sure who I need to ask for . Im guessing if the council wont help and the bailiffs (who have not even been to my home yet) wont drop their demands either that a solicitor wouldn't be able to give me any kind of help in this matter to get it back to the council.

If I speak with the council tomorrow I have seen on other threads that you can demand a meeting with someone from council tax collections to sort this out but not sure who I need to ask for . Im guessing if the council wont help and the bailiffs (who have not even been to my home yet) wont drop their demands either that a solicitor wouldn't be able to give me any kind of help in this matter to get it back to the council.

A solicitor would be a waste of time - there is nothing they can do.

Ring the council if you want, but it can be easier to say exactly what you want in a letter or email - it's easy for some to get flustered or intimidated on the phone. Obviously a phone call will give you a more immediate response, but it may also leave you more anxious.

Just be assured that the bailiff cannot force his way into your home - if they do turn up just tell them to go away and that you are dealing with the council. They'll moan and groan, but they can't do a thing. Be mindful of anything of value outside.

Its clear one site is having a really good laugh here and over the road at LB with their comedy duo upsetting everything. Its even on the site apparently that they think what they're doing is funny. It's not funny and its a waste of time spouting stuff which might lead to the OP's car being taken is crazy and like we've not seen it before. Stop your little boys games and grow a pair.

Its clear one site is having a really good laugh here and over the road at LB with their comedy duo upsetting everything. Its even on the site apparently that they think what they're doing is funny. It's not funny and its a waste of time spouting stuff which might lead to the OP's car being taken is crazy and like we've not seen it before. Stop your little boys games and grow a pair.

What are you on about? The OP needs to know that you don't have to deal with bailiffs. I'm only posting what I know works.

Im lost here whats going on , I used to use this site years ago and was an absolute legend of a place. Now its all about people private messaging and not even knowing whos genuine or not. Its a waste to the hardworking people that keep this site alive with good advice and a great service of how they give their time for genuine help.

Im lost here whats going on , I used to use this site years ago and was an absolute legend of a place. Now its all about people private messaging and not even knowing whos genuine or not.

Mart 2012

I can assure you that under the new regulations that took effect on 6th April you are certainly from a vulnerable family. It is vitally important that your case is therefore dealt with by the Welfare Dept at Rossendales and they will determine whether the case is returned back to the council.

As I said, they also have a dept that deals with Attachment of Earnings Orders so if this is appropriate given your Income & Expenditure then they will make the necessary arrangements. Have you completed the Income & Expenditure?

Can you explain what you meant by the comment yesterday about 'private messaging'.

Later this morning one of us on here will assist you with the wording for your email to send to Rossendales so that hopefully your account gets put on hold by the end of the day.

The private messaging issue was a couple of private messages saying people who were trying to help were real bailiffs trying to get information which was putting me off posting here. My next step I was going to ring the council tax office this morning and explain the situation quoting their own regulations on collecting but not sure if I would be wasting my time. To date the only conversation I have had with the bailiffs was the letter I received and then I phoned them on Friday to ask what was they expecting and they said they wanted the £1300 paid off inside 7 months maximum which leaves it at £180 a month minimum which theres no way we can afford

The private messaging issue was a couple of private messages saying people who were trying to help were real bailiffs trying to get information which was putting me off posting here. My next step I was going to ring the council tax office this morning and explain the situation quoting their own regulations on collecting but not sure if I would be wasting my time. To date the only conversation I have had with the bailiffs was the letter I received and then I phoned them on Friday to ask what was they expecting and they said they wanted the £1300 paid off inside 7 months maximum which leaves it at £180 a month minimum which theres no way we can afford

By all means call the council and stress to them about your wife's depression. It would be useful to know the response so please do post back.

Just so that you are aware, since the new regulations on 6th April most bailiff companies have to ensure the they address 'vulnerable' cases and far more protection must be given to anyone in this group. By 'vulnerability' I do not mean just health wise as 'vulnerability' covers serious financial difficulty.

If the council insist that you speak with the bailiff then please post back and you will receive assistance.

PS: Thank you for responding to my question about 'private messaging'.

No problem and thanks. I'm going to get a few notes together and ring them shortly so will post back, im not holding out much hope of getting anything sorted with them but its worth a try. When I spoke to Rossendales on the phone on Friday they asked me to pay a token payment of £20 this week and then start paying the £180 at the end of the month. Is it worth paying the £20 to buy me some time to sort it out or should I just leave payment for now and carry on trying to sort it out ?

JUst got we would love to try help you out but we cant as its out of our hands now , even though I quoted section 4.5 in their guidelines they still stuck to theres no way they can pull it back and basically go try tell the bailiffs what you told us :(

JUst got we would love to try help you out but we cant as its out of our hands now , even though I quoted section 4.5 in their guidelines they still stuck to theres no way they can pull it back and basically go try tell the bailiffs what you told us :(

It is important to note that the Guidance (as good as it is) was released a year before the bailiff regulations changed with the governments introduction of the Taking Control of Goods Regulations 2013.

The local authorities 'guidance' was introduced following a raft of questions in the House of Commons regarding 'kicks backs' in the contracts with one particular local authority (Harrow Council). Paragraphs 4.4 and 4.5 relate to the Contracts that local authorities have with their bailiff provider and state the following:

4.4 Arrangements should seek to safeguard against bailiffs entering into punitive repayment arrangements directly with bill payers. Local Authorities should consider how they manage their relationships with bailiffs to have oversight over such arrangements and set parameters for such agreements. They should be mindful of the impact that repeat visits may have.

4.5 Local Authorities should remain prepared to deal directly with individuals at any point. It is perfectly within their gift to call action back from the bailiffs at any time and where there is a case to do so they should consider such action

Under 4.5 of the Guidance it is made clear that a local authority could 'call back action' from the bailiffs 'at any time' and that if there is a case to do so...the local authority should 'consider such action'.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/clampdown-on-councils-using-heavy-handed-bailiffs

Unfortunately, local authorities tend to take little notice of the the above Guidance. This is despite the fact that the debt is theirs and they have overall control of their enforcement companies.

Be that as it may, your post certainly appears to demonstrate that your family have 'vulnerability' issues and it is for this reason that I have sent a message to one of the moderators. Hopefully this will enable the bailiff company to suspend any further enforcement whilst your circumstances are taken into consideration.

The big probllem now is that with council tax ahnd revenue functions outsourced, the actual council don't get to know what liberties the department and the enforcers are taking until Formal Complaints go in. Any vulnerability must be indicated to EA and council with proof at the earliest opportunity. Now can I be banned like neckbeard?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

The big probllem now is that with council tax ahnd revenue functions outsourced, the actual council don't get to know what liberties the department and the enforcers are taking until Formal Complaints go in. Any vulnerability must be indicated to EA and council with proof at the earliest opportunity. Now can I be banned like neckbeard?

The matter of 'vulnerability' is so important and this is the reason why I have also stated that evidence needs to be provided.

The matter of 'vulnerability' is so important and this is the reason why I have also stated that evidence needs to be provided.

In matt's case, Rossendales seem to be exploiting the vulnerability by ignoring it, and pressing on regardl;ess with unaffordable demands, that I & E and proofs of medical conditions even a copy of prescribed medication are key to moving forward, let Dossers have the rope to hang themselves imho.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I have put in writing to the council basically my circumstances and have asked them to look into it for me. Debtline helped me with budget sheets which will arrive tomorrow which I well send to both the council and the bailiffs with the maximum offer I can afford again stating my case which I have outlined on here. I will post further if there are any updates in the meantime and thanks again for all your great advice its very much appreciated.

I have put in writing to the council basically my circumstances and have asked them to look into it for me. Debtline helped me with budget sheets which will arrive tomorrow which I well send to both the council and the bailiffs with the maximum offer I can afford again stating my case which I have outlined on here. I will post further if there are any updates in the meantime and thanks again for all your great advice its very much appreciated.

National Debtline are very good and are experienced in putting together a sensible budget sheet. It is important to ensure that you provide some evidence of your wife's health problems. This will greatly assist your case.