Claim form Cabot- old cat 'debt'***Claim Discontinued***

OldDebt_Weary
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ring CCBC and ask for assistance.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I logged on again and noticed the following message on the Fashion World claim page:

"A bar has been put in place on this claim. You cannot respond to the claim at this time."

If this thing is still live, how am I supposed to enter my defence?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Today I have received 2 letters from Cabot:

"Unfortunately, Cabot has not been able to provide you with the requested information within the relevant time period...

...Your credit agreement is currently unenforceable, which means we are not permitted to obtain a judgement or decree against you in court.

However, you are still obliged to repay the outstanding balance as confirmed in this letter,

and therefore we would recommend you contact us as soon as possible to set up a repayment arrangement or continue with an existing plan"

Yeah, you wish!

I guess this means I can expect communication from the court advising me the claims have been stayed,

once the 28 days from me filing my defence have elapsed.

I want to thank everyone here who has helped me on this case.

I was going to cave in and simply go along with the claim but you persuaded me otherwise. It has been much appreciated!

I guess this means I can expect communication from the court advising me the claims have been stayed, once the 28 days from me filing my defence have elapsed.

Not quite...the court does not inform you if its stayed....you know it stayed if you do not receive a DQ ....looking good though OldDebt.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Directions Questionnaire ...its the next part of the proceedings if they do respond and it allocates the claim to your local county court....if they do respond.

:wink:

Let us know if they discontinue the claim OldDebt and we can amend your thread title to reflect the outcome.....its beneficial to others to be able to conclude a thread.

Regards

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Oh dear, I thought this one was dead but apparently it won't lie down.

I have today received a letter dated 14th October, 2014, from one of the solicitors who were involved in this case, specifically the solicitors who dealt with Simply Be. The letter itself was mangled and torn by the Post Office but it is just about readable.

The letter contains a lot of "legalese" basically telling me that my defence is not good enough. This in spite of the fact that Cabot themselves have admitted in writing that they cannot enforce this debt because they do not have the required proof. The letter ends:

"In our view, your Defence has no prospect of success. In the circumstances, we will recommend to our Client that an application be made to strike out the Defence and for Judgement to be entered against you for the full amount claimed, together with all legal costs incurred as a result of that application. Should you wish to avoid this action, then we invite you to withdraw your Defence by completing the enclosed Form N9A and returning it to this office within the next 14 days."

"Alternatively, you may wish to resolve this matter amicably without further Court intervention. If this is of interest to you, please forward your settlement proposals within the next 14 days."

Now, first question obviously is: it this sheer intimidation or do they have legal grounds to do this? Also, it is over 28 days during which they could have responded to my Defence, it's about 6 weeks actually, so does this invalidate any attempt to counter my Defence?

I have no intention of withdrawing my Defence but I feel I am on shaky ground here, if they can do what they are saying.

Any advice here would be gratefully received! Thank you.

It is dead...its there last throw of the dice to see if you will cave in......without the agreement its going nowhere.

Andy

They cant proceed to Summary Judgment without filling the DQ and they wont file the DQ because they dont have the proof.

Thanks guys, do you think I should dignify this letter with a reply?

Think you already know the answer to that rhetorical question OldDebt...silence is golden

It's very tempting to reply, as this is a pretty despicable way to behave. I don't see what they should get away with this kind of threat, which it is after all, when they have no legal grounds on which to carry out their threat. They are saying the agreement was with Cabot, not Simply Be, but surely the same proof is required, whoever actually owns the debt?

It most certainly is and that's the intention to invoke a response and to get you to communicate and open up...Cabot are the Claimant...SB have washed their hands of it and claimed tax relief.

Have a nice weekend.