Car broke down after 2.5 weeks please help??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3560 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Thanks again

So here's the latest hubby arrived at dealership with car they have completely refused to take it wouldn't let him park it on thier forecourt they said it needed to be taken to thier garage less than a mile away tow truck man was happy to do that but they refused to fine my hubby the garage address

My hubby has had to leave it in a street next to the dealership they refused to accept the letter my husband had to put it on the desk in the office the man who was there who as far as we know isn't the manager was telling the receptionist to not accept the letter he over heard my husband call him a t***on the phone to me and he is saying my husband swore at him he didn't and he had already refused to accept it

My hubby has took pics of the car but had to bring the key home because they wouldn't accept it what should I do now?

Thanks

Just to add they kept saying it's private property the car is not ours it's yours

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Just a bit more as my hubby was parking it on the street the guy came over and said I have accepted your letter and you will hear from our solicitors he also said he will get it towed somewhere else and make us pay for it

Should I ring the finance company back today or leave it till tomorrow?

Thanks again

Hi

Sorry for all the updates but the dealership has a "email us" option on thier website could I email this letter and then send a hand written one by recorded mail and woul the email in my sent box act as proof?

Thanks guys

That's fine.

Hi

Sorry for all the updates but the dealership has a "email us" option on thier website could I email this letter and then send a hand written one by recorded mail and woul the email in my sent box act as proof?

Thanks guys

If the department that you need to speak to isn't there, contact them tomorrow.

Hi

Just a bit more as my hubby was parking it on the street the guy came over and said I have accepted your letter and you will hear from our solicitors he also said he will get it towed somewhere else and make us pay for it

Thanks again

Hi

Thanks again

Hi

Thanks guys

Can you just confirm, has he accepted the letter and is this a rejection letter ?

Hi Conniff

I basically said in the letter that he had 2 choices either he could take the car back or I would reject it under the SOGA I also quoted the year :-/ he didn't even have the letter out of my hubby's possession before he refused to take the car back my hubby explained we had it 2.5 weeks he kept saying it needs to go to our garage but refused to fine the address he said this is private property the car is yours not ours

Thanks

Sorry yes as my hubby was parking it on the street he came over the road and said I accept your letter and you will be hearing from our solicitors he still wouldn't take the key I am going to send them recorded delivery

Just a summary:-

1)They wouldn't accept car

2)Car left in side street

3)Letter accepted--but wouldn't accept key--your emailing the letter aswell

4)Your going to contact Finance Company tomorrow rejecting the car

5)Costs £32 Taxi -------£80 Tow Truck

Hi Rebel

Yes that pretty much sums it up

I could email the template to the dealer today but would it be better to leave it till tomorrow?

The only thing I am worried about is the finance company saying "you need to give them a chance to fix the car"

Surely after the way they behaved when my husband took it back they can't expect us to deal with them?

Thanks all

E-mail them today, so it's ready for them to deal with.

You've rejected the car because it has an existing fault, the Finance Company should except that.

Hi Rebel

Yes that pretty much sums it up

I could email the template to the dealer today but would it be better to leave it till tomorrow?

The only thing I am worried about is the finance company saying "you need to give them a chance to fix the car"

Surely after the way they behaved when my husband took it back they can't expect us to deal with them?

Thanks all

When you speak to the Finance Company tomorrow concentrate on the faulty car and the reason why you need a reliable car, your son. The return of the car and the agro your husband received is secondary.

Hi all

Thanks again for all the help

I am feeling pretty nervous this morning I am really hoping the finance company will help and this thing won't drag out too long

Can't tell you how badly we need a car it is all such a worry

I will keep you all posted

Thanks again

Thanks again guys

Had a email response from the finance company they say they are so sorry to hear of the problems with the car that my email has been forwarded to my accounts manager and they will be in touch

I will keep you all posted

summary:-

1)They wouldn't accept car - awaiting to hear from their Legal Team.

2)Car left in side street

3)Letter accepted--but wouldn't accept key--your emailing the letter aswell

4)Finance Company - reject letter passed to account manger to deal with

5)Costs £32 Taxi -------£80 Tow Truck

6)Cancelled insurance.

Hi rebel

Should mention I did email the rejection letter both to the dealership and "cc,d" the finance company today I have to go and send the manual and the service history booklet and the key by recorded delivery it's pointless going down there they won't accept it

Thanks

If you do send it by post, send it 'Next Day Delivery' so it can be tracked correctly, Recorded Delivery is 'hit' and 'miss'.

Hi rebel

Should mention I did email the rejection letter both to the dealership and "cc,d" the finance company today I have to go and send the manual and the service history booklet and the key by recorded delivery it's pointless going down there they won't accept it

Thanks

We acknowledge receipt of your email.

The matter has been passed onto our legal team who will make contact with you.

Just recieved this email from dealership

Sorry meant to ask should my hubby now cancel the insurance on the car? We have not cancelled the direct debit to the finance company the insurance haven't even had a chance to take a payment yet we paid a deposit to start the policy it's due to go out on the 15th I believe

Email the insurance company, explain why the policy is being cancelled, car faulty, rejected under SOGA 1979. Then cancel the DD. Phone them up see if they will refund the deposit as a goodwill gesture.

We acknowledge receipt of your email.

The matter has been passed onto our legal team who will make contact with you.

Just recieved this email from dealership

Sorry meant to ask should my hubby now cancel the insurance on the car? We have not cancelled the direct debit to the finance company the insurance haven't even had a chance to take a payment yet we paid a deposit to start the policy it's due to go out on the 15th I believe

Is it wise to cancel the insurance ? If the car remains on a public road with the OP as the registered owner, surely it runs the risk of being towed away for not being insured on a public road, which would complicate matters considerably. Seeing as the garage are not being helpful they might even initiate it by notifying the authorities.

Hi spb

A good point well made I am hoping the fact that I have recieved a email acknowledging my rejection letter of the car I can also prove I recieved that before I emailed the insurance company hopefully that means I can prove the dealer knew the situation

Thank you :)

The dealer had the opportunity to recover the car, but chose not to, saying

'it's yours, it's yours'. comical customer service.

Is it wise to cancel the insurance ? If the car remains on a public road with the OP as the registered owner, surely it runs the risk of being towed away for not being insured on a public road, which would complicate matters considerably. Seeing as the garage are not being helpful they might even initiate it by notifying the authorities.