style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3578 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok we had an argument with the house across the road

we had to park a car on the road, we had the inlaws caravan on the drive, as background its on the drive for less than a week a year when they clean it, they had a go at us as they "couldnt get the car out of the drive", they never asked us to move it in the last 10 years of living here

suddenly we have had loads of abuse along the lines of "you shouldnt let every tom dick and harry store stuff", "you should be ashamed taking your kids out at 5am (yes i have to take them to inlaws before work but daughter gets us up at 4:30 anyways), to "if we hit your car its your fault (they have reverse sensors) i know people have been cranky from the heat but ???

recently we had a cctv camera installed (co-incedence it was ordered 3 weeks earlier but had to get here from china) however this has shown up several things, one of the things we kind of threw back after the argument was the fact that their kids are on the street from 7am to 11pm, we found a video on the camera of their kids trying to tempt one of the cats to them, when the cat wouldnt come, they walked down the drive and tried to kick something, we cant tell from the camera (it didnt pan enough) weither this is the cat or the gate, but it is definatly a kick

any advice on how to procede

(if it helps i can utube the video)

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Hi labrat

Keep a diary, keep the CCTV going, accumulate the evidence. Contact your local community police officers and explain the situation. If it persists contact your local council. The best thing is not to be confrontational, get them on mounting evidence.

You could us this incident log its in PDF with Form fields:

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Be careful about the CCTV and the filming of children. If you mention this to the neighbour, I suspect that the next visit will be from the Police, asking why you are filming children. Unfortunately this is a sign of the times and you should be very careful.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

labrat,

Ditto posts 2 &3.

Had similar "problems" after building this house and moving in.

We had Eggs, Eggs refilled with paint, stones (breaking a PVCU front door) and "gobby yobs".

Kept a "Log" as stu007 suggested (times and dates etc.)

Contacted the council after a few week and they came round.

They took a statement from me and my wife, then they told the "mother" of the main "yob" that one more complaint and they were on the "Streets"

End of "Problems". .... Peace !!!

unclebulgaria67,

I belive I'm right in saying.

If the camra only "covers" up to your boundary then you are OK.

But I know what your saying !

Sounds like a shared driveway, which makes it difficult to restrict to just covering the OP's side of any boundary.

If the neighbour has got a problem for whatever reason, they may be irrational and I think I would stay clear of them.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Sounds like a shared driveway, which makes it difficult to restrict to just covering the OP's side of any boundary.

If the neighbour has got a problem for whatever reason, they may be irrational and I think I would stay clear of them.

nope single house driveway

it does cover part of next doors drive but she is aware and ok with it as promised to hand over video if she has any issues

it doesnt technicly cover the road, however the top edge of the camera does catch part of the road, its not really possible to angle it differntly without it not covering the car on the drive (had 2 breakins) the other issue is it autopans to centre motion which means it does occasionally go further than boundry, again without breaking the useful-ness of the camera impossible to stop

just double checked it actually covers the width of the road (mostly obscured by the car), however as there is a second car going on the road soon there is going to be a second camera going up covering it, so again will have alot of road on, do i need a cctv sign up?

second quick question based off that, i have front and back dashboard cameras in, should i have a sticker on the car as well?

personally if its a once off then i wont be raising it, however if they keep doing it OR if i find out it was the cat they kicked i will be having it out with the parents

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Be careful about the CCTV and the filming of children. If you mention this to the neighbour, I suspect that the next visit will be from the Police, asking why you are filming children. Unfortunately this is a sign of the times and you should be very careful.

And i would point out to the police that its an automated system. If it detects motion it centres in the motion. Starts recording when the motion ceases it stops recording and resets to the original position. Although I am experimenting with object tracking. And facial recognition

Please note:

Your not actually filming children, it will capture what's infront of it, it's got a motion sensor. That could be dogs, cats, sheep, penguins etc. That's why I suggested that you should make the Community Officer aware of the unsocial behaviour.

Your not actually filming children, it will capture what's infront of it, it's got a motion sensor. That could be dogs, cats, sheep, penguins etc. That's why I suggested that you should make the Community Officer aware of the unsocial behaviour.

The point I was making is that if you have an upset neighbour, it might be sensible to never mention to them directly that you had caught their children on CCTV. You might then get a silly complaint being made.

As you say, this should only be mentioned to Community Officers or Police, when the CCTV shows continual unsocial behavior or criminal act.

Will keep an eye and see how it goes it shows a summary of captures everyday so have to wait and see if it happens again

What I am annoyed about is that I've looked at the gates this morning and one of them dropped an inch or so. Meaning they're hard to shut not sure if that's a gradual thing or due to this tho

Please note:

h

Will keep an eye and see how it goes it shows a summary of captures everyday so have to wait and see if it happens again

What I am annoyed about is that I've looked at the gates this morning and one of them dropped an inch or so. Meaning they're hard to shut not sure if that's a gradual thing or due to this tho

Thermal expansion movement ! Or the fixing point has moved on its own accord. I have a side gate, where the weight of the gate is pulling the post that is holding it. So far I have not felt energised to put in a new post and to concrete, as it means digging up patios etc.

Yep I was thinking same as its a steel post set into concrete can't see how a couple of kicks would damage it

Don't think I need the retina technology but reading Down the full list of features of this software it can do anpr just can't think of a reason to need it

Please note: