Dispute with ishop247

classe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3579 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. I purchased a double step advertised for caravan or motorhome use last march, they have been used 3 times and are now leaning to one side.

On inspection I found on the manufacturers label the warning, Only to be used indoors, I took some photographs of the steps and emailed the company.

ishop247 emailed back and asked me to return the steps and they would either repair or replace them under guarantee but as I have had them since March no refund could be given.

I asked for a refund stating under the consumer rights act 1979 the steps should be fit for purpose and should last a reasonable time.

ishop247 replied with their same response totally ignoring my mention of the consumer rights act, they have now done this 3 times.

I said I would go to Trading standards, email this website, even consider the small claims court but to no avail.

I believe these steps could be potentially dangerous, as mine also show a small amount of rust around the step welds.

Can this retailer sell something like this ignoring the manufacturers warning ?

Hi rebel11

I paid with Paypal and as yet have not reported this to anyone, Im a bit in the dark as to how to proceed, I have looked at the Trading standards website but it seems to direct you to your local council that deals with your own area issues.

I would appreciate any guidance.

Thanks

Hi classe

Depending on how you use your Paypal account, you might be able to do a Chargeback.

Scroll down to Paypal, contact your card provider:-

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/how-do-i-use-chargeback

Contact your local Trading Standards, explain that the product could be dangerous,

Thanks for the info rebel11, I have just called our local CAB and they are going to report the issue to Trading standards as a safety issue.

Looks like chargeback is for the seller and not the buyer but will look into it further.

Hi classe

Chargeback is for the buyer. If your Paypal account is empty and then you pay for something through Paypal using your credit/debit card then you can carry out a Chargeback. If money is sitting in your Paypal account, and you use Paypal then you can't.

Thanks for the info rebel11, I have just called our local CAB and they are going to report the issue to Trading standards as a safety issue.

Looks like chargeback is for the seller and not the buyer but will look into it further.