Robinsons Way [HPH2 ltd]- fake payment - old Cap1 debt - help

reverof
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3488 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for replies

I live around 90 miles away from their Manchester address and have no idea if they have a counter to pay in but would be really surprised if they did

In fact I never knew they were based in Manchester until I started this thread so absolutely no chance of me paying them ever.

Thinking about putting the fact that I have never authorised anyone so I need the details of this phantom person in order to follow this up with "insert organisation" . Which of course I will do so they understand they cant just make up potentially "insert word" information

(p.s. just as a note brigadier my "insert messaging system" was full and now yours is :) , please resend "insert messaging system" when you can)

Edited by reverof
self preservation

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for replies

I live around 90 miles away from their Manchester address and have no idea if they have a counter to pay in but would be really surprised if they did

In fact I never knew they were based in Manchester until I started this thread so absolutely no chance of me paying them ever.

Thinking about putting the fact that I have never authorised anyone so I need the details of this phantom person in order to follow this fraud up with the police . Which of course I will do so they understand they cant just make up potentially fraudulent information

(p.s. just as a note brigadier my pm box was full and now yours is :) , please resend pm when you can)

What makes you think that there has been any fraud involved? If someone pays some money off one of my bills what do you think the police would say if I went to them and asked them to investigate this "fraud"?

If you are considering writing to RW please make sure that you don't infer anything like fraud or you may find yourself in trouble for defamation.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Caro - Maybe the poster means that Robinson way were "MISTAKEN" when they said that a representative so very kindly paid off some of this SB'd debt, and that by providing the information they have asked for they would be able to personally thank the kind person for donating monies towards a debt that is SB.d, or of course the poster could then accuse the kind person of identity theft and inform robinson way that they have been duped all along by this person, such a strange world we live in :-)

Thanks for replies

Thinking about putting the fact that I have never authorised anyone so I need the details of this phantom person in order to follow this fraud up with the police . Which of course I will do so they understand they cant just make up potentially fraudulent information

(p.s. just as a note brigadier my pm box was full and now yours is :) , please resend pm when you can)

PM sent Rev.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Caro - Maybe the poster means that Robinson way were "MISTAKEN" when they said that a representative so very kindly paid off some of this SB'd debt, and that by providing the information they have asked for they would be able to personally thank the kind person for donating monies towards a debt that is SB.d, or of course the poster could then accuse the kind person of identity theft and inform robinson way that they have been duped all along by this person, such a strange world we live in :-)

A mistake is one thing. Allegations of fraud and/or identity theft are quite another. CAG cannot risk having defamatory information on the site and we have to err on the side of caution, and I would urge anyone considering allegation of criminal offences to consider how their actions might affect them personally.

I would also remind all posters to keep information on the open thread and be wary about giving or accepting advice or information privately. Anyone who chooses to ignore this, especially if they've been warned about it previously, risks restrictions to their account.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks for replies and appreciate you your advice caro

Caro : i was saying if they send a letter with someones name and a fake signature (as i have never ever signed or authroised anyone) if they are saying authorised person and then provide a document showing my signature then there would ore steps

Its OK someone randomly paying your bill but what if they did it whilst saying you authorised them to do it legally?

I am not scared of the DCA and will stand upfor my rights why should anyone be made to tread on egg shells if others decide to "create" statements etc e.g

Payment showing the day after they received my SB letter .

Tottaly agree of course cag forum and advice on here is my own domain and agree that cag forums are not responsible for the matter.

Thanks

Edited by reverof
self preservation

A mistake is one thing. Allegations of fraud and/or identity theft are quite another. CAG cannot risk having defamatory information on the site and we have to err on the side of caution, and I would urge anyone considering allegation of criminal offences to consider how their actions might affect them personally.

******I would also remind all posters to keep information on the open thread and be wary about giving or accepting advice or information privately. Anyone who chooses to ignore this, especially if they've been warned about it previously, risks restrictions to their account.

Caro please note I received a PM asking for help which I gave on the open forum, for which I have been thanked by Rev via PM.

Surely this is not against ant arbitrary rule of the forums.

If it is then there is no point to the PM facility.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Thanks for replies and appreciate you your advice caro

Caro : i was saying if they send a letter with someones name and a fake signature (as i have never ever signed or authroised anyone) if they are saying authorised person and then provide a document showing my signature then is this not fraud as I have never agreed to any of this?

Its OK someone randomly paying your bill but what if they did it whilst saying you authorised them to do it legally?

I am not scared of the DCA and will stand upfor my rights why should anyone be made to tread on egg shells if others decide to fake statement etc e.g

Payment showing the day after they received my SB letter .

Tottaly agree of course cag forum and advice on here is my own domain and agree that cag forums are not responsible for the matter.

Thanks

Hi Rev, personally I would leave out any reference to fraud/police.

Your thanks by PM are much appreciated.

Have they supplied a document with your signature that you didn't sign? Have they supplied proof that you authorised payments? How do you know it isn't a simple mistake? Have you got proof of any criminal activity?

I wholeheartedly agree that you should stand up for your rights, but you need to exercise caution about making allegations if you aren't in possession of the full facts.

I would be asking RW for proof of what they have said and gathering information to prove your case rather than going in all guns blazing making demands.

Have you sent a SAR?

Just a quick update - apologise I could not edit my post quicker just rushed home the reception is terrible where i was trying to do it on my phone !

I tottaly agree that CAG should not get into trouble and that all information is advice only and m y responsibility - i would never want the forum in troouble

They have twice produced a statement saying I authorised a person to make payment with 1 being after the day after they received my letter . All in cash.

Its obvious what this is and again now you have warned me with potential ban I cant say certain words incase I get banned.

I will await their reply and update with what they say regarding who made payment and what document they produce - I was simply saying that I know I have NEVER agreed to anyone being authorised so if there is a document I would be very concerned about my personal situation.

Again apologies but its really hard not to call a spade a spade especially when the proof they produce on my SB request is a statement with "Cash paid to us" on it.

Thank you all for your advice regarding this so far and apologise again if I broke any rules

Just a quick update - apologise I could not edit my post quicker just rushed home the reception is terrible where i was trying to do it on my phone !

I tottaly agree that CAG should not get into trouble and that all information is advice only and m y responsibility - i would never want the forum in troouble

They have twice produced a statement saying I authorised a person to make payment with 1 being after the day after they received my letter . All in cash.

Its obvious what this is and again now you have warned me with potential ban I cant say certain words incase I get banned.

I will await their reply and update with what they say regarding who made payment and what document they produce - I was simply saying that I know I have NEVER agreed to anyone being authorised so if there is a document I would be very concerned about my personal situation.

Again apologies but its really hard not to call a spade a spade especially when the proof they produce on my SB request is a statement with "Cash paid to us" on it.

Thank you all for your advice regarding this so far and apologise again if I broke any rules

Can't see that you have done any wrong here Rev, you can express your opinion/ have expressed it and modified it.

As to Caro's response it appears that the whole thread has not been read through the letter you are sending asks all the right questions in the right manner GO FOR IT.

I can quite see where you're coming from, and no-one has been threatened with a ban. It is only people who consistently break site rules and spammers who face bans. Account restrictions are another matter, and can range from having posts approved before they are published, to having PM facility removed. As far as I know you aren't in the habit of breaking site rules.

The law takes priority over site rules, and CAG would never advise breaking the law, or even risk doing so making allegations without proof.

Obviously you have to decide what is best for you, and I hope that you'll continue to post here. :)

Thank you brigadier and caro I have edited thread removing mention of the "f***d" word just incase

Basically they sent a statement with fake payments saying I paid it , then when I SB lettered them with a full request of when ,where etc the payment was made they said my "authorised person" paid it and then said "Therefore the debt is not statute barred , we trust this answers your query"

Its not about random payments of debt - its about joe bloggs saying you gave them permission to pay it.

Can't see that you have done any wrong here Rev, you can express your opinion/ have expressed it and modified it.

As to Caro's response it appears that the whole thread has not been read through the letter you are sending asks all the right questions in the right manner GO FOR IT.

On the contrary Brig, I have read the whole thread, and the letter that you have suggested Rev send asks no questions. It lists some facts and demands, and requires a response to a complaint without making clear what the complaint is. What questions are being asked?

Thanks for reply caro,

I had a big response as to be honest point 5 and 6 on letter are questions but realised :

a) I do not want to be banned by you

b) I don't need to argue with you or any other helpful member - i will take all adivce on board and send what I need to them

c) I will be direct with them as even if this does go further as they say , their legs they need to stand on are missing.

d) PMs have been whats on the thread which I don't think is a problem, just asked brigadier to look at thread and he posted on thread

Appreciate all the help form other that have posted

Edited by reverof

It is certainly assertive, (or even rude), but why WILL they tell you. You have not put anything which backs up your request (demand), or explained your concerns. Is there a legal requirement for them to tell you or is it just you telling them? Personally, if I was writing at all I'd be re-inforcing why you require this information and expressing concern about this.

Having already sent the SB letter though I'm really not convinced that you need to write again. If they try and chase you through the court you already have evidence that you've told them it's SB. There's really nothing more to be said.

You must do what's right for you, and obviously we don't all do things the same way. Boring world if we did! ;)

Thanks caro can see what you mean but is that not really like a scenario where someone punches you in the face and says you authorised it - then you later send them a letter ask them nicely to prove you authorised it ?! even though its obvious you would not .

To be honest I would leave it but what if they say - we sent him a letter saying a authorised representative made payments and he did not reply? - make it then look like I did make payments so want to cover myself.

thanks for the advice though may adjust letter if needed once I type it up

either way no bad blood just opinion in a free society is invaluable :)

If I believed that I had irrefutable proof I may well call it fraud, but I'd be a bit canny about making public allegations, rather providing proof to the relevant authorities to take appropriate action.

What I personally think may have happened is my business, but hypothetically, if I had suspicions of any wrongdoing, I would be digging to find out the truth of the matter.

you are correct, im a bit lost on the proof bit :

I never made any payments , have checked bank accounts even though I know i never have.

Also there are no suspicions they have provided a statement saying a authrosied rep has made payments on my behalf and the debt is not statute barred. Which is of course false , i do not need to prove they are actually stating this has happened.

Again lets wait for their reply and see if they dig a bigger hole than the one they are in.

On the contrary Brig, I have read the whole thread, and the letter that you have suggested Rev send asks no questions. It lists some facts and demands, and requires a response to a complaint without making clear what the complaint is. What questions are being asked?

One cannot be responsible for another's misunderstanding!

Thanks caro can see what you mean but is that not really like a scenario where someone punches you in the face and says you authorised it - then you later send them a letter ask them nicely to prove you authorised it ?! even though its obvious you would not .

To be honest I would leave it but what if they say - we sent him a letter saying a authorised representative made payments and he did not reply? - make it then look like I did make payments so want to cover myself.

thanks for the advice though may adjust letter if needed once I type it up

either way no bad blood just opinion in a free society is invaluable :)

Don't forget Conniff's post earlier on the thread (you see I did read it):-

Once statute barred, it cannot become live again even if it was you who made a payment. You cannot claim payments back however, but they cannot 'un' statute bar it.

Have you checked your bank accounts etc to make sure they haven't taken it somehow ?

One cannot be responsible for another's misunderstanding!

One can if one doesn't make oneself clear.

you are correct, im a bit lost on the proof bit :

I never made any payments , have checked bank accounts even though I know i never have.

Also there are no suspicions they have provided a statement saying a authrosied rep has made payments on my behalf and the debt is not statute barred. Which is of course false , i do not need to prove they are actually stating this has happened.

Again lets wait for their reply and see if they dig a bigger hole than the one they are in.

Rev my response letter is based on a long period of dealing with one of the principals of the parent company, if you ask you will not get any response if you demand in the same fashion as the company does they take notice!! Just my opinion but with some matters an robust/aggressive response is needed.

Ok its all good the letter re-states its SB and no payment will be made

Past this letter if they product documents then I can follow it up if not if they hassle I can report them as it is SB.

Thanks and I dont want anyone to get into trouble on here you are all very helpful

Brigadier - i agree this is all about tonality. This letter as it is after the SB letter and prove payment letter has to be a higher notch up on tone so totally agree

Either way I never beat around the bush so it was never going to be a nice letter especially after the "incorrect" information they keep sending me.

Will update when/if I hear back form them

Don't forget Conniff's post earlier on the thread (you see I did read it):-

I make the point again re reading the thread which clearly states " CASH PAYMENTS"!