been on jsa for 12mts, - What next?

rich12ace
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3604 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I will have been on the dole for year in July

I have already done the voluntary work scheme for 30 hours etc.

. now my adviser says that after a year I will have to go on a course?

and see a other company to help with my job hunting??

what is this and what do you do on it??

You are on the dwp magical merry go round, you will continue applying for non jobs whilst doing pointless courses and slave labour till you either end up on esa half dead or succum to a zero hour contract.

But hey as long as the rich are getting richer :-)

That will be a referral to the Work Programme - Which company that will be depends on what area you live in. The "course" will last two years and will consist of nothing of any value to yourself. Do not expect any training, help, or worthwhile advice. You can expect to be harassed, belittled, denigrated, and generally insulted at every opportunity as well as being set up for countless sanctions for the most spurious of reasons.

Decline to sign any and all documents without being given the opportunity to take them away to read and get a second opinion. Record all conversations and demand written conformation of everything.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

..also read the whole 'Ingeus' thread on here. You may not end up with Ingeus, but rest assured whoever you're with will be just as bad. At least reading the Ingeus thread will give you some idea of what to expect and how to hopefully stay one step ahead.

Sadly, it's not pleasant reading; the Work Programme's first and only concern is to make as much money from us as possible, so always remember that.

Hello Rich12ace and welcome to the site. Another lamb to the slaughter, blithely entering the Twilight Zone and unaware of what's in store.

Take Jasta11's advice and read up on the years of sorrow that others who have trod the furrow have experienced and it may just be possible to get by without changing your title to Poor12ace.

What next?

You go to a WP provider such as INGEUS or SEETEC and get zero support, placed on pointless workshops, told to apply for jobs that you are not qualified to do as well as doing your ownfake job searches whilst getting no answers. You also get the WP provider insulting your CV and saying it needs redoing and when they 'help' you redo it it is worse and full of spelling mistakes as most employees of the WP are less qualified than you and basically imbeciles. You also get to use their wonderful IT equipment that does not work as well as have meetings around other claimants who you will soon know everything about as the meetings are not private.

Welcome to the world of the WP where we will 'give you all the support you need to find you employment' which transaltes to "we will ask you in when we want, place you on pointless courses and do nothing to help you at all whilst insulting your intelligence and experience"

Thanks all for the info I hope I find something in the next to weeks. I just wish they let you get on with it with your laptop/pc I all ready go for every job going and get about 30 job e mail alerts daily you don't need them!

Sounds like you're already doing all you can - but no doubt the Work Programme adviser will find other faults. They have to be seen to be 'helping' you in order to satisfy their DWP masters. It's a 'one size fits all' operation and they assume we're all helpless and needing their valuable assistance - yeah, right!

They get a few hundred quid just for you starting the course and they'll try to get more payments while you're there, including their 'Star Prize' of a Job Outcome payment, which they receive if you get a job (and even more money if you keep it). Even if you found the job all by yourself they'll still try and claim they got it for you which is why, if you do find a job yourself, don't tell them anything about it :) The Ingeus thread will explain most of their tricks and how to foil them.

The attachment payments are being reduced as the Work Programme contracts run their course. Assuming the primes started out with the full £400 attachment payment for 2011/12, they would have got £300 in 2012/13, £200 for 2013/14, and after that, zero. For subcontractors, their attachment payments will be quite a bit lower as the primes will take their cut first.

You may find that if you have been referred to a second or third tier subcontractor, the attachment payment they get is in the order of £50-100 - At that rate, the only way to make the exercise profitable is to pile them in high, spend as little as possible, and hope a few attract outcome payments.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

The "course" will last two years and will consist of nothing of any value to yourself. Do not expect any training, help, or worthwhile advice. You can expect to be harassed, belittled, denigrated, and generally insulted at every opportunity as well as being set up for countless sanctions for the most spurious of reasons.

Absolutely spot on, couldn't of put it better myself :lol:

Hi

I will have been on the dole for year in July

I have already done the voluntary work scheme for 30 hours etc.

From what I have read on here and other forums your best line of defense in dealing with these 'people' is to read up on all the rules and regulations that they have to abide by. Be one step ahead, record meetings and interviews, don't sign anything that gives them automatic access to your job searches and don't let them contact prospective employees. Make them stick to the rules that they are supposed to abide by, use the legislation to help you and keep them in line, Don't be a victim, otherwise they will see you as an easy target and make your life miserable. Make sure you attend anything that is mandatory, don't give them the opportunity to sanction you. Deny you have a mobile or landline, tell them in writing only. You don't want to be 'available' any time they decide they want to harass you.

Good luck with your job hunting and I hope you find something soon.

Me x