Need a new tenancy agreement for a tenant that is always late with rent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3642 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Are the late payments always around the same time, if so it could be that the rent is due before payday.

Ask them and if that is the case, can you work out a part payment so that payment of the rent falls say two days after payday.

A new agreement is due this week. I just need a good agreement that is freely available online to download. I am just going to issue a 6 month agreement to see how things go

I got one for a few quid off a company called lawpack - this is not an endorsement, there are plenty on the internet. You'd have to read it carefully to ensure it meets your needs.

It does not include any explicit penalties for late payment. Probably this is because it is not necessarily lawful to do so in a standard contract.

As suggested above, discussing the issue with the tenant is maybe the way to go. My OH has a late-paying tenant. Our solution is to get rid of her because she is also a pain in the backside :-x

Are you worried the tenant wont pay or just fed up it is always late? If the former make sure that the deposit is enough to cover the tenant doing a runner at the end of 6 months. If the latter then a change in the date the rent becomes due will do and make a suitabe adjustment to cover the first 3 weeks.l