Psychometric tests for employment

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3642 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been shortlisted for a position as a Conflict Mediator. I have now been sent a link to complete a:

Psychometric test

Any individual had personal experience of one of these. It is an online test through a third party company that takes about 25 minutes

Pointers will help before i log on and start the test as i am 48 years of age and this process is new to me

Hi i have no personal experience of these tests but a quick web search brought up some great practise tests to have a go at and explanations of what they are and their purpose etc. Unfortunately i am not permitted to post any links, but just type 'Psychometric test' in your Google (or whatever you use) search box and Good Luck!

There are lots of diffrent types and models of psychrometric tests, from simple reasoning and problem solving to technical tests, have they told you what test model it is?

It is easier to enter a rich man than for a camel to pass a needle

All i have been given is a link, user name and password

In order for your application to be progressed, please complete the attached assessment(s) within 48 hours of receiving this email. If, IN EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES ONLY, you are unable to complete these tests, please contact the Management Recruitment Team to advise the reason for the delay.

If you do not complete the assessments within 48 hours of receiving this email AND you have not advised the Management Recruitment Team of any exceptional circumstances which prevent you from completing the tests, it will be presumed that you are no longer interested in the role and your application will therefore be withdrawn.

A lot of the time if you you go on their home page there are pratice tests to take, but just chill they are never as bad as you think they will be.

It is easier to enter a rich man than for a camel to pass a needle

Agree with ericsbrother on this. Theyre just another trendy obstacle to get over. Your answers are irrelevant to your ability to do the job. Once you've done a few you can learn how to cheat by giving the answers they want the hear. All pretty pointless really. As advised do some practice tests first.