U.K debt in Canada

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3658 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not really very much, unless they pursue it through the UK and Canadian Courts, but itll cost them.

Can we have more info on creditors and DCAs?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

It is very unlikely to be sold to a foreign DCA. It will likely be sold to a random UK dca, they will try and find you for a month or two, then put the debt into 'storage'.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It never gets erased, unless you are in scotland. But after 6 years from the date of last payment for credit cards, it becomes statute barred which means they cannot do anything in the legal system to enforce it. They can still ask for the money but they cant do anything in law to get it. In that case, its suggested by the regulators that the Creditor marks it as SB and files it away under "non collectable". Sadly though many creditors will still harass the debtor after it has become SB, even offering discounts, so they get something from the debt.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D