KRTS and Legalcare

KRTS
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3671 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I too have been stung. Signed up for the free trial, except I was stupid enough to forget about it and I canceled the Paypal payments as soon as I got an e-mail about an automated payment. Now, they've sent me an e-mail urging me to reinstate the payments subject to a minimum 12 months, etc.

What shall I do? Am I doomed to make these payments?

I would honestly ignore this. There is nothing they can do. You canceled well within 14 days thus terminating the contract. This wouldn't go anywhere. It can't affect your credit or anything.

No, I canceled the Paypal after they took the first payment (after 14 days). Went to log in to cancel the account and they saying I now have a year's subscription. Aren't I trapped seeing as I didn't cancel within the trial?

Got this e-mail after I canceled the Paypal.

---

Dear [name omitted],

We have noticed that you have recently cancelled the recurring payment instruction for your £19 per month subscription with LegalCare.

Please be aware that in accordance with the agreement accepted by you when you signed up for this service, subscription is subject to a minimum term of 12 months and future payments are required.

Therefore we would urge you to contact us to reinstate these payments as soon as possible. If a future payment is missed you may lose the right to pay by monthly instalments and payment for the remainder of the years’ subscription will become immediately payable.

If you would rather set up a Direct Debit instruction for your subscription please let us know and we will forward you a Direct Debit mandate.

Kind regards

---

I'm annoyed at myself for letting it come to this. What do I do?

Surely as they haven't had any losses they can't do anything. I would ignore it. The most they will do is send debt collection letters that you can also happily ignore.

I had similar situation with 1&1 internet.

Their service was poor so I canceled the PayPal payments and forgot about it.

Then the debt letters came,

Tried to explain to them once, but got no where, s

ended up constantly redialing their main line with my free minutes.

They knew it was me,, then never contacted me again.

Hi KRTS and welcome to CAG

Contrary to JoeyJC's comments, I think you need to consider your position carefully.

Your case is unlike many others, who attempted to cancel in accordance with (what they understood to be) the T&C's when they signed up. As you freely admit, you simply forgot to cancel within the 14 day free trial and this DOES leave you committed to the 12 month agreement.

You should also be aware that Legalcare have taken court action against 2 CAGgers in the last year or two so they are not totally adverse to the concept.

You could try ignoring their demands and see what action the take, if any. Even if they took court action and won, you could pay the judgement amount (the years' fees plus a nominal amount for sol'rs fees) within 28 days and the CCJ will be removed from the public register and NOT affect your credit rating.

Alternatively, you could argue with Legalcare that you never intended to stay a member and feel that being tied in is unfair. Perhaps make them an offer to settle the matter.

In any event, you may wish to see how the current case against a CAGger goes and I'll post a link to that thread when I find it.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)