out of my depth with SD over school fees

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3691 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks once again to each of you.

We put in the N245 to the courts after the hearing, but the claimant has 16 days in which to respond to our offer.

the hearing for the SD set aside falls in this time.

the claimants solicitor has advised us to cancel the set asides, but I feel this would leave us vulnerable, so haven't done so.

the hearing is beginning of next week, we have lost the set aside for the ccj, which is what the set aside for the SD was based on.

would it now be prudent to submit to the court ready for the hearing that there is a N245 in place and we are awaiting a decision on that.

or adjourn the hearing??

How about if they withdraw their SD.... you will vacate the set a side.....in the interest of further costs and court time...then its just a case of agreeing the N245...simples.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

How about if they withdraw their SD.... you will vacate the set a side.....in the interest of further costs and court time...then its just a case of agreeing the N245...simples.

Regards

Andy

Sadly I don't think they will.

The solicitor was very clear we needed to withdraw

Or incur further costs. Because unless by some miraculous technicality, they would be awarded the SD.

He wanted us to fill in a I&E that he produced

For his clients.. However I thought it was in our

Interest to do it through the court.

The paper work for the Sd looks questionable

It's not dated, and on my Sd, all he has done is

Copied and paste what was on my husbands, so in the

Statement he refers to my husband by name, instead of me.

Well it will incur further costs...the set a side will fail as its now based on a CCJ and is being used as a means of enforcement..which can lead to bankruptcy rather than a debt collection tool which most SD,s are intended.

The N245 should safeguard this as it is now being processed and a payment plan is imminent.

You state the same as your husbands...are the 2 SD,s?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread