Vital info. for employees

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3698 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

So thanks to ACAS and their omission of a vital piece of info when I phoned them for advice and the fact nobody on here mentioned this when I asked for advice, I'm now having to take a longer civil route with my employer.

What everybody needs to know is you have 3 months (less a day) to bring any kind of tribunal action to resolve a issue with your employer. THIS IS THE IMPORTANT BIT this count down starts the MINUTE you mention it to your employer, even in passing. Called the" date of detriment".

So I take advice and raise it informally, it drags on with no response for 2 months, Acas advise take it formally, again no mention that I have 3-4 weeks left to meet a deadline, so I do that and lo an behold work drag it out for another month and when I phone Acas again for advice suddenly this 3 months is mentioned and they cant possibly advise any further cos it's now a civil matter.

Whose side is Acas on?

Kinda vital info I should have been given from the word getgo don't you think?

My employer obviously knew this time limit otherwise why keep me hanging on?

My conclusion? Being KIND and PATIENT doesn't pay.

The interesting thing is, my employer is now saying they are going to have groups of employees in to discuss "problems", Longer colleagues say this happens from time to time and nothing ever EVER gets done or changes.

But hey if they have these meetings where issues are raised the countdown begins doesn't it, then 3 months down the line when nothing has changed your time's up. And they carry on, having nullified the threat of a tribunal from anyone at these meetings!!!!

Way to go

What is the issue you are complaining about?

I see your other thread concerns unpaid wages. If this is the complaint you are making, you should not feel upset at going through the court system. For things like unpaid wages court is is now much cheaper than the Employment Tribunal for many small cases and is not necessarily any slower. The problem is that certain things such as unfair dismissal can only be made through an ET, but in this case the time would run from the effective date of dismissal.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

There are ways round the time limit, possibly.

Acas are rubbish, but you found that out quicker than most people.

There is a new system where you have to go to acas first and this stops the clock.

Employment tribunal is pretty cr#p as well, so unless there is big money involved you are best to forget it, not worth the trouble.

I expect anyone considering employment action, to make research about the process, most if not all sites tell you the time frame.

research on old posts would show people are always being warned about time limits.

You can't bitch about no one telling you on here, everyone tries to help, but not many are legally qualified, it's nearly the same as someone down the pub telling you what they know.

All is not lost, as I said there are ways round the time limit.