Strange notice in with the council tax bill

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3684 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a "Privacy notice" in with my council tax bill.

the part that I don't understand is.

Please note that in agreeing to share these details you have not forfeited your rights as prescribed under the Data Protection Act 1998
I haven't and wouldn't agree to any sharing of my information there is no check boxes on the bill or anywhere else to not agree to this.

Has anyone anyone else come across this? and if so how did you opt out.

Hi Bovski

Have you checked the councils website to see what it says about 'Privacy Notices'.

also this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/data-protection-and-privacy-privacy-notices

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I haven't and wouldn't agree to any sharing of my information there is no check boxes on the bill or anywhere else to not agree to this.

Their pretty much just covering their backs but have probably confused people along the way - most of the information they hold is passed on to other departments who require it for statutory purposes and well as to other agencies who have the legal powers to request the information (usually under s29 of the DPA).