Medical Records

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3697 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I may be in the wrong forum,sorry for that.

I am at the moment in communication with a ferry company about an accident on one of their ships.

I did write to their offices in the UK months ago but didn't get a reply.

So I wrote to their head office in Sweden.

They got their solicitors to write to me with a form to fill in. It asked for permission to get full medical records from my doctor.

My doctor has written to me saying it is not good practice to send the full medical records and is waiting for my decision.

Does anybody here know if it is normal for solicitors to request FULL medical records. Not that there's anything to hide.

Sorry if this post seems a bit. long winded.

Thanks

Hi pipsqueaker

I can't say whether it's a good or bad idea. Your going to make a claim, maybe they want to see if it was a pre-existing condition and not something the claim is based on. So they are going to check to make sure, only way they can do that is via your Health Records. You could ask them if a report from your Doctor will do.

Are you making a personal injury claim? Why haven't you got a solicitor?

You will need a medical report from a medico-legal expert to prove your injuries and he/she will need to review your whole medical records. These will also become discloseable documents in your claim.

I contacted my 'legal expenses insurance' who assigned a firm of solicitors to handle the case.

However, that company phoned to say they wouldn't take on the case because " it's notoriously difficult to win a claim against a shipping company". Without asking a single question about the incident.

I wrote back to my insurance but haven't received a reply.